The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Society of Neighbors  (Read 429 times)

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
The Society of Neighbors
« on: December 31, 2018, 12:38:47 pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------
The Society of Neighbors
[/b]

Believers In
The Three Pillars of Humanity
and
The Supreme Principle of Civilization

We, the people of all faiths, all nations and all cultures, do believe that a higher form of relationships between peoples, are necessary to keep our precious world from being destroyed by conflict, war and aggression and also having a firm understanding that all governments, throughout history, have failed to protect the liberty and freedom of all their citizens, we reject all forms of statism and tyranny and join with our fellow man in establishing this Society of Neighbors.

We Believe:
That the Three Pillars of Humanity,  Liberty and Freedom are;
Property Rights,  Property Rights,  Property Rights.

We Believe:
That The Supreme Principle of Civilization is this:
"NO ONE has the right to initiate force against another person or their property, nor to authorize nor delegate the use of force against another person or their property"

If you believe and practice the above, you are a true neighbor to all of mankind and welcome in our Society.

Why We Believe Our Society Is Universal
We "believe" that all humans of the world, recognize that crimes of aggression against people, such as murder, rape, robbery, arson and such ("mala in se") are inherently wrong. We "believe" that all people of the world, wish to be secure in their homes and enjoy the fruits of their property. We "believe" that all people of the world, feel they have a right to protect themselves against such crimes. Yes, there will be some minority, for various reasons, who feel they have a right, even a duty, to control others but if all people are allowed the right of self defense, these psychopaths will diminish.

What is "The Society of Neighbors" except two, very brief axioms, stating this very same right to be free of such aggressive evils but extending it to include everyone, without exception.

In essence, we believe the desire for such a Society, already exists in the hearts of mankind. Our only task is to spread the two axioms and to show that it will give all of mankind, the freedom they desire for themselves and their loved ones. Showing others that having control over their own bodies, homes and properties, will allow them to live peacefully and to keep whatever faith and customs they desire AS LONG AS, they do not violate the two basic principles of the Society, will, we believe, spread Liberty, Freedom and Prosperity to all of mankind.

The spirit and desire for the Society of Neighbors, already exists in the heart of mankind.

The Society of Neighbors believe that a long line of enlightened men and women have attempted to communicate the Supreme Principle of Civilization, including but not limited to the following.

(1970 - 1640s BCE)   "Do for one who may do for you, that you may cause him thus to do." The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant, 109 - 110 Translated by R.B. Parkinson. The Tale of Sinuhe and Other Ancient Egyptian Poems

(1280 - 650 BCE)    "You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against your countrymen. Love your fellow as yourself: I am the LORD." - Moses, Tanakh, new JPS translation, Leviticus (Leviticus 19:18), Judaism.

(700 BCE)   "That nature only is good when it shall not do unto another whatever is not good for its own self." - Dadistan-i-Dinik 94:5, Zoroastrianism.

(500 BCE)  "What you do not wish upon yourself, extend not to others."
-- Analects of Confucius, Chapter 15, Verse 23 ,

(500 BCE)    "One word that can serve as a principle of conduct for life [is] reciprocity. Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire." - Doctrine of the Mean 13.3, Confucianism.

(500 BCE)   "Therefore, neither does he cause violence to others nor does he make others do so." - Acarangasutra 5.101-2, Jainism.

(500 BCE)       "Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." “
 Udana-Varga 5:18, Buddhism

(429 BCE)    "What stirs your anger when done to you by others, that do not do to others." (Socrates)

(375 BCE)    "May I do to others as I would that they should do unto me." (Plato)

(350 BCE)       "We should bear ourselves toward others as we would desire they should bear themselves toward us." Aristotle

(300 BCE)    "One should not behave towards others in a way which is disagreeable to oneself. This is the essence of morality. A. African Traditional Religions. Yoruba Proverb (Nigeria)

(1650 CE)   One should be "contented with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow against himself." (Thomas Hobbes)

(1790 CE)   "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law", because law is oftenll other activities are due to selfish desire." - Mahabharata, Anusasana Parva 113.8, Hinduism

(180 BCE)    "What you hate, do not do to anyone." - The Book of Tobit 4:15, NRSV translation, Judaism.

(30 CE)     "So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for this sums up the law and the prophets." Jesus- Sermon on the Mount, Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 7:12 NIV), Christianity

( 30 CE)       "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." ” Jesus, Matthew  7:12, Luke 6:31, Luke 10:27

(100 CE)    "What you would avoid suffering yourself, seek not to impose on others." Epictetus

(100 CE)    "What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow man. This is the law: all the rest is commentary." - Hillel the Elder; Talmud, Shabbat 31a, Judaism.

(1st century)    "Treat your inferiors as you would be treated by your superiors."    Seneca the Younger, Epistulae morales ad Lucilium 47:11,

(c. 571 “ 632 CE)"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."”   Muhammad in a Hadith.

(600 CE)    "Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you." ” Muhammad in The Farewell Sermon.

(15th Century CE)      "As you see yourself, see others as well; only then will you become a partner in heaven." Bhagat Kabir GGS 480 Sikhismâť

(recorded
15TH “ 18th Century CE)   One going to take a pointed stick to pinch a baby bird should first try it on himself to feel how it hurts but the tyrants will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." Thomas Jefferson

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." Thomas Jefferson

(1790 CE)    "The birthright of man ... is such a degree of liberty, civil and religious, as is compatible with the liberty of every other individual with whom he is united in a social compact, and the continued existence of that compact. Mary Wollstonecraft, in "Vindication of the Rights of Men"

(1859 CE)   Â  ..that the sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is self-protection.

That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not sufficient warrant.ť John Stuart Mill's On Liberty.

(1870 CE)    "He should not wish for others what he does not wish for himself." - Bahˇ'u'llˇh, Kitab-i-Aqdas 148.73 Bahi Faith.

(1880's CE)   "Every man is free to do that which he wills, provided he infringes not the equal freedom of any other man."   Herbert Spencer, called the law of equal freedom:

(1950's CE)        If no harm is done, do as you will.    Wiccan Rede

(1963 CE)   The "heart of the question is ... whether we are going to treat our fellow Americans as we want to be treated." John F. Kennedy

(1964 CE)   "The basic political principle of the Objectivist ethics is: no man may initiate the use of physical force against others." “ The Virtue Of Selfishness, by Ayn Rand

(1990's CE)   "A libertarian is a person who believes that no one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being, or to advocate or delegate its initiation. defined by L. Neil Smith

Natural law, which may be seen as a manifestation of Divine law, is independent of the will of man, who cannot change it. However it may be revealed or not, so it may change in human perception in time through new revelation. Wikipedia

OUR GOAL

It is the Goal of The Society of Neighbors to express these concepts in a manner that can be understood by all Humans and spread throughout the World.

Hence:

We Believe:
That the Three Pillars of Humanity,  Liberty and Freedom are;
Property Rights (Your body) , Property Rights (Chattel) , Property Rights (Real Property).

We Believe:
That The Supreme Principle of Civilization is this:
"NO ONE has the right to initiate force against another person or their property, nor to authorize nor delegate the use of force against another person or their property"

WHY PROPERTY RIGHTS?

(To quote Jeff Deist ).
"Ludwig von Mises understood a different world, one organized around property and trade rather than the state. To him, private property was the basis of any civilized society. Without that foundation, without property and a concomitant system of mutual exchange, he knew humans were destined to devolve into poverty, war, and anti-intellectual savagery. Property gives us prosperity, and therefore material abundance to live civilized lives beyond the mere subsistence that marked most of human history. Property rights give us the ability to accumulate capital, to invest in higher productivity, and to have a greater degree of certainty regarding the future."

How does The Society of Neighbors define "Property Rights"
 and why are there Three Pillars?

1. Property Rights - EVERY Person owns their own body and No One Else's is the first pillar.

2. Property Rights - All rightfully acquired personal property (chattel) and goods is the second pillar.

3. Property Rights -  All rightfully acquired Real Property (Home and Land) is the Third Pillar.

The three pillars represent the three types of property rights.

WHY IS NON-INITIATION OF FORCE THE SUPREME PRINCIPLE of CIVILIZATION?

(Again quoting Jeff Deist?)

"Civility cannot be sheared from the broader concept of civilization itself. Both words share the same Latin root "civilis", which means relating to citizenship or public life. But it also means relating to others with courtesy, manners, and affability. If civilization is the sum total of a society and its culture, civility — or the lack thereof — is its building block, the positive or negative social traits exhibited by people in that society."

When NO ONE has the right to initiate or authorize force against another person or their property and everyone has the right to self defense of their persons and property, a balanced state of harmony has a greater chance of happening. States and governments routinely violate both people and property and have led to many evils in the history of our world. The Society of Neighbors totally rejects ANYONES right to "initiate" force against another. Self defense, even using lethal force, is of course permitted and is NOT the initiating of force. This Supreme Principle of Mankind, is what protects the Three Pillars.

"Self responsibility is the key to any society wanting to be free." MamaLiberty

Everyone who loves Freedom and Liberty, who enjoys Peace and Prosperity and adheres to the philosophy described herein, is a Neighbor . The Society has no formal clergy, no formal churches nor formal membership. If you believe in The Three Pillars of Humanity  AND practice The Supreme Principle of Civilization, you are already in alliance with millions of other Freedom Loving people around our beautiful planet.

Hello Neighbor!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:02:39 pm by Tahn L. »
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Re: The Society of Neighbors
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 07:58:26 pm »

My membership card is overdue.

I want a refund on my dues.

Oh, yeah, I didn't send any.

Nevermind.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 06:34:41 am »

My membership card is overdue.

I want a refund on my dues.

Oh, yeah, I didn't send any.

Nevermind.

Uhm-Hmm! There you go slobbering into your mouthpiece again before the slide even gets warmed up!  ;)
Happy New Year, you Varmint!
Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 07:23:21 am »

Hey Tahn,
Happy New Year to Ye, Bro.
Question please -- since you did not attribute that piece to anyone, I'm guessing that you have composed it yourself, yes?
I liked how it continued to curve back around to the basics of Philosophical Anarchy. Thanks Mon.
Salute!
Elias

Tahn L.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 11:45:38 am »

Question please -- since you did not attribute that piece to anyone, I'm guessing that you have composed it yourself, yes?

Well yes, I composed or more properly, arranged it myself. Nothing new philosophically. Just wanted a concept that stayed away from the word "libertarian", "anarchy" or any other touchy subject and was acceptable to all. Most people on the planet understand the concept of private property and non aggression, if you explain it properly. Hope it spreads! Everyone is free to recopy or re-post without attribution to me.

Glad you liked it Elias.

Happy New Year to you and everyone.

HAPPY NEW YEAR NEIGHBORS!
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 06:30:10 pm »

When I was driving those big trucks all over America back in the 1980s there was a very common phrase spoken countless times every day on all the highways around the nation. It was on the truckers' Channel 19. Drivers from everywhere said it all the time when speaking with each other on their radios. The phrase was "Good Neighbor". It would go like this -- "Aouwwah, Good Neighbor -- Thanks for the directions." or "All you Good Neighbors listen up -- we've got a Smokey Bear at mile marker 168 pickin' on a four-wheeler, east bound side."
Stuff like that. I spent five years living in those trucks and talking the drivers' lingo. Whether a driver was from New Hampshire or Georgia or Nevada or anywhere, all of them used that "Good Neighbor" term readily and often.
Not that my memories of those days adds anything to your essay, but it does relate to your notion of how the common man sees "neighbors", and property and freedom etc etc.
But say, Bro -- are people still being a bit touchy about the word "anarchy"? Heck! I thought everyone had figured that out by now and laid the paranoia and government-implanted mis-perceptions to rest. Like, next month's Anarchapulco international conference in Mexico will feature Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano, and Cynthia McKinney, along with David Icke and probably, if he can make it again, G. Edward Griffin himself. Long Live Anarchy!  ;)
Salute!
Elias

Tahn L.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 07:21:30 pm »

I'm with the truckers Elias. Good neighbors are what we need and there are no negative connotations. Not everyone "loves" their brothers but most want to be "good neighbors".

Among "new people" we want to attract, the word "anarchy" has become corrupted, mostly by the media. They are depicted as bomb throwing criminals who don't respect property rights. Few know the original definition of "no rulers".

"Libertarian" has also morphed into several different varieties such as left, right and so on. The idiot "Libertarian" party has not helped and is not really libertarian. I am attempting to use positive words and concepts as I really believe that everyone on the planet, psychopaths excepted, wants to be and have "Good Neighbors".

Of course, we also want to attract non religious people, which is why I went with "Society". It's a good and positive term, "The Society of Neighbors". Everyone on the Planet is a neighbor to all others.

I'm sure my rude first attempt could be better phrased and really, there should be a shortened page that could be translated into all the world languages but I like the concept and really, we all are, already, good neighbors, eh?

Any thoughts you or other TMM'ers could share would be greatly appreciated Bro.!

Peace and Love, Neighbor.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:25:28 pm by Tahn L. »
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Tahn L.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 11:25:24 am »

Like, next month's Anarchapulco international conference in Mexico will feature Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano, and Cynthia McKinney, along with David Icke and probably, if he can make it again, G. Edward Griffin himself. Long Live Anarchy!  ;)
Salute!
Elias

Elias,   I don't know if this is connected. My condolences to his friends and family.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/3/john-galton-american-anarchist-shot-dead-acapulco/
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 01:53:01 pm »

Like, next month's Anarchapulco international conference in Mexico will feature Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano, and Cynthia McKinney, along with David Icke and probably, if he can make it again, G. Edward Griffin himself. Long Live Anarchy!  ;)
Salute!
Elias

Elias,   I don't know if this is connected. My condolences to his friends and family.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/3/john-galton-american-anarchist-shot-dead-acapulco/

Oh Wow, Tahn!
The timing on this is awful!
Yesterday (Sunday, February 03 2019) I was on the phone for well over an hour with a major Anarchist named Bob Stanley. But is working on his idea called Freos.  https://freos.io/
Bob is one of the major players in Jeff Berwick's "Anarchapulco". He will be passing out my cards for Silver Seeds of Liberty at their conference, (as also will three other TMMers, including Cynthia McKinney).  I met Bob in Spokane, Washington, back in June 2018, and met Jeff Berwick at Bozeman in June of 2017. Both were at respective Red Pill Expos. Berwick is the organizer/producer of Anarchapulco.

Cynthia will speak there along with Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano, David Icke, and I don't know the other guy. But Ben Swann will also be there, and so will Sky Conway of Libertopia.  https://libertopia.org/
Sky Conway flew up from Hollywood, where he is making his third movie, to spend a day with me at my cabin, primarily because he found out I'm friends with Wendy McElroy. He co-wrote with Gene Roddenberry the Star Trek television series and is now a total Voluntaryist.  He has seen my workshop at my cabin and thinks Silver Seeds of Liberty is a good idea.

Okay, so the foregoing grouping of names has to do with a circle of activists who will all be at Anarchapulco beginning on the 14th of February 2019. I was on the phone with Bob Stanley for a long time yesterday, but it was before this shooting to which you linked us occurred. Am not going to call Bob about it, as he is preparing to depart for there now, but my thinking is that the murder is not related to Anarchapulco but perhaps to a personal feud, perhaps a debt of some kind, or something. I'm seriously hoping that all our friends at Anarchapulco will be safe. I do know that the hotel where the conference is to be held will be a reasonably secure location.

Anyway, thanks very much for letting me know about this very important news. And btw, please let anyone you think might be interested know that our online jewelry store is now up and running, and I've taken in my first sale. The store's software works just fine. https://silverseedsofliberty.com/shop/
Thanks Tahn,
Salute!
Elias

koot

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 08:14:06 am »

The wife and I spoke with this couple at last years conference, nice kids. They are the organizers for the AnarchaFORKO conference which is/was to be held right after the Anarchapulco conference..The timing sucks for me because since hearing of this tragedy my bride is getting cold feet, as were scheduled to head out Monday to attend. 

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 07:29:14 pm »

The wife and I spoke with this couple at last years conference, nice kids. They are the organizers for the AnarchaFORKO conference which is/was to be held right after the Anarchapulco conference..The timing sucks for me because since hearing of this tragedy my bride is getting cold feet, as were scheduled to head out Monday to attend.

Hey Koot,
I did email Bob Stanley, yesterday. He flew out for Mexico today so will be out of touch for a while.  He told me in reply to my email that the shooting was not associated with Anarchapulco, but that he knew the young man who was shot. My guess is that the shooting was "personal", and not a political-oriented event.
Once you and your Sweetie make your decision, please let me know, up or down. I've already told Cynthia to be on the lookout for you there. And btw, if you do go there, please by all means look up Bob Stanley's booth at the conference and let him know you're in TMM.
Thanks Bro,
Salute!
Elias

koot

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 11:55:49 am »

Oh I'm going regardless, and my better half is getting there slowly, it's just her way with almost everything we do away from the comforts of home.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 04:14:54 pm »

Oh I'm going regardless, and my better half is getting there slowly, it's just her way with almost everything we do away from the comforts of home.

Heh!  Good answer!  ;)
Sure wish I could go with y'all. Have a great time.
Salute!
Elias

casca-503

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 08:13:52 am »

I  have   some   " good  neighbors "   near-by,   but   not   too   many.... trust   takes   time   to   build...../....doncha'   know   ???     {    trucka   talk /  cb  style  }

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 08:26:45 am »

I  have   some   " good  neighbors "   near-by,   but   not   too   many.... trust   takes   time   to   build...../....doncha'   know   ???     {    trucka   talk /  cb  style  }

Ten Fo --- Mistah Truck Drivah!
Pages: [1]   Go Up