The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bill to move Colarado to a national popular vote state, passes Senate committee  (Read 605 times)

mouse

Ancient Rome WAS a republic, then they went and destroyed it.  Why?

America is - at the moment - a republic and some of the people want to destroy it - why?

The more important question is why are a handful of "appeasement dullards" getting away with this?

I hope someone will please tell me that this is not going to succeed and the electoral college will not go the way of the dinosaur (I mean I've just managed to understand - to a large extent I guess - how the American political system works and now someone is trying to wreck it).

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/360/bill-to-move-colorado-to-a-national-popular-vote-state-passes-senate-committee

DENVER -- A bill championed by Sen. Mike Foote, D-Lafayette, is the most accessed bill on the Colorado legislature's website and could eventually change how the United States chooses its president.
"The bottom line is that every Coloradan should have their voice heard," said Foote.
Senate Bill 19-042 , if passed, would make Colorado the 13th state to join what's known as the National Popular Vote interstate compact.

snip

jamie

chances are the U.S. will have a permanent left wing government in the very near future anyway, maybe as early as 2020 because of  demographics.  Non white and Hispanic people vote democrat.  In Nevada two counties decide the vote.

California and New York are the future.

mouse

chances are the U.S. will have a permanent left wing government in the very near future anyway, maybe as early as 2020 because of  demographics.  Non white and Hispanic people vote democrat.  In Nevada two counties decide the vote.

California and New York are the future.

Hell, that's depressing.

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle

Rushing to revolution.  If there are enough of us, we win. If not, I suppose I won't be around to care what happens to the sheep.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

fred.greek

This type of proposal is political suicide.

Let's say that the entire state of Colorado votes for Candidate A.

BUT

Nationwide the majority of the vote goes to Candidate B.

All of the votes in Colorado would be ignored.
Retired, but still working in the garden...

kirgi07

• Moderator Group
  • Acting as a Curmudgeon unless otherwise specified.

It won't pass judicial muster. Ought 7. :deadhorse:
If you look like food you will be EATEN.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

mouse

Just had to say that every time I look at this on the index page, I see "Bill to move Colarad ." and I imagine it is telling us that Bill Sinclair is about to move Colorado.
Pages: [1]   Go Up