The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Post: :) Finally  (Read 2671 times)

willlcumbie

First Post: :) Finally
« on: December 30, 2003, 09:52:31 pm »

Wonderful :)

First post to the board and very happy that Claire is still here on the net.  I've been reading her work for a while now (back when they had CurleyWolfe.Net) and well before Debbie started her archives (Which I am happy that she did.).  I wish they had women like Claire in my age bracket, I'd court her in a heart beat.  Seriously.

My name is Will, I'm a bluegrass musician, organic farmer and music writer from the Appalachian mountains.  Kind of scary to still live 'out east', but this is my home and I'd rather die here than anywhere else.  

Thanks to all your folks that kept Claire's work alive and well for folks to read.  

Keep it going!
Will Cumberland

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 01:53:02 pm »

I wish they had women like Claire in my age bracket, I'd court her in a heart beat.  Seriously.
Hey, Will! Thank you. Glad you're here.

I've been off the forums for several weeks. Just came back in briefly this morning because of the news that our own Hunter had been arrested (&%##!!!) . But amid all the bad news, I'm very glad to see your message.

So what age bracket are you looking for? If it's young, there seem to be some interesting wimmins at http://www.anarchobabes.com and http://www.thebitchgirls.us/.

OTOH, if you're old ... that never stopped anybody from still liking the young ones.  :D  
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Augustwest

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 02:02:38 pm »

Claire Wolfe - Author, Friend of Liberty, and Yenta?  :D

Hiya Will!
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 02:29:38 pm »

Her talents are endless... :lol:

Howdy, Will!
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

pinetreefarm

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 05:41:45 pm »

I have just recently gotten "into" reading Claires writings. Have enjoyed all that I have read. I would have like to have a copy of "101 Things to do til the Revolution" but fear I am too late.  :(

Agree with Will.. she is pretty cool

Pine Tree Farm

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 06:57:51 pm »

Claire Wolfe - Author, Friend of Liberty, and Yenta?  :D

Oy, veh! So it's a yenta you think I am, Mr. Red Dog? What kind of mishigas is that? What chutzpah! Genoog, already, bubeleh!

Claireleh
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Hasher

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 06:40:24 pm »

I can just see her next book now.

"How to Pick Up hot Anarchno Chic's on the Internet. by Claire "Yenta" Wolfe

Sign me up for a signed first edition.

Augustwest

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 10:36:15 am »

How to Pick Up hot Anarchno Chic's on the Internet.

Sign me up. While pheromone spray werks wonders in real life, it loses something on the web.  ;)

Hey Will, sounds like an interesting life you have there...
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds
Pages: [1]   Go Up