The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Much as I Hate It, We Need a National ID  (Read 1965 times)

NuclearDruid

Much as I Hate It, We Need a National ID
« on: March 30, 2005, 09:34:47 am »

Of course, the ID card may still backfire on Congress. Some feisty governor may say, "Who are these people in Washington telling us what to do with our drivers' licenses and making us pay for them, too? California will use its licenses for certifying drivers, and Congress can create its own ID card for people who want to fly and do other federally regulated things -- and if they do not, I will put on the Internet the home telephone numbers of all the congressmen."

If just one state refused to do the federal government's ID work, Congress would be forced to create what it claims to oppose -- a federal ID card for citizens of that state.

Shades of MT?

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

RN/MEDIC

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:10:50 pm »

Since some of you folks may remember that I live in Tennessee, the state that gave US Senator Alexander, I hope none of you will hold that against me as I did NOT vote for him.

Respectfully,  RNMEDIC

David

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 11:30:05 pm »

Since some of you folks may remember that I live in Tennessee, the state that gave US Senator Alexander, I hope none of you will hold that against me as I did NOT vote for him.

Respectfully,  RNMEDIC

OK  RN/MEDIC

but promise if the dipshit ever shows up in your er, that you will insert a catheter, then attach the other end to an air hose
 :blink:  

Alton Speers

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 06:22:26 am »

Respectfully,  RNMEDIC

OK  RN/MEDIC

but promise if the dipshit ever shows up in your er, that you will insert a catheter, then attach the other end to an air hose
 :blink:
Now THAT would be a real blow job! :lol:

:unsure: Then again, a cathater might let out all that hot air... :blink:

Alton

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 08:27:27 am »

Oh, I tried to read this bloviation, but I got this far and stopped:

The second problem is that states not only get to create these ID cards, they'll likely end up paying the bill. This is one more of the unfunded federal mandates that we Republicans promised to stop.

Well, Senator, I'm old enough to remember when Republicans promised never to impose a national ID, too.  Rot in hell.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up