The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G5 to share national databases  (Read 1495 times)

NuclearDruid

G5 to share national databases
« on: April 11, 2005, 11:45:30 am »

Europe's G5 to share counterterrorism databank

A highly sensitive, permanent databank is about to be set up by the security services of the UK, Spain, France, Germany and Italy, the EU's so called Group of Five (G5) countries. It will facilitate, under an agreed "principle of availability", an exchange between the national police forces of a wide range of personal information, such as fingerprints, DNA and licence-plate data from terrorism suspects, as well as descriptions of current and projected security operations.

The terrorist challenge has provoked tough law reforms sweeping Europe's national legislatures without, however, any EU consensus.

Consensus, shmensus. This is the "War on Terror" that we're fighting here. We can deal with human rights later. :ph34r:

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

UnstructuredAgain

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 01:35:36 pm »

Who wants to bet some jelly beans, the dmv records and other traditionally American records will be shared with the EU and other "modern" countries within 10 years?  I'd even wager that "third world" countries will have to "share" their birth records and biometrics with the big boys in order to receive "aid" from the UN or other nasty worldwide entity.  I'll tell you this, I don't want what they are proposing in terms of human rights in Europe.

Peace and Good Day

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 11:12:53 pm »

Ahhh, the hell with all those databases, let's just have an INTERNATIONAL DNA DATABASE which will balance hope, privacy and scientific error. :wacko:  
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

NuclearDruid

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 10:05:47 am »

Ahhh, the hell with all those databases, let's just have an INTERNATIONAL DNA DATABASE which will balance hope, privacy and scientific error. :wacko:
No, we need a international DNA database because of tsunamis!

Scientist calls for world DNA database

Everyone in the world should have their genetic profile stored on a database, but the information should be held independently of the authorities, according to the pioneer of DNA fingerprinting.
Current practice means that only the DNA of criminals is stored in most countries and the information is held by government agencies.

At a lecture on Saturday to mark the 20th anniversary of the discovery of DNA fingerprinting, Professor Sir Alec Jeffreys, of Leicester University, said a global DNA database would have been invaluable in attempting to identify victims of the recent tsunami. Instead, investigators faced endless searches through incomplete records, or having to cause further distress to relatives of the victims.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover
Pages: [1]   Go Up