The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IDs and the Ilusion of security  (Read 2492 times)

Hidden_Variable

IDs and the Ilusion of security
« on: February 09, 2004, 07:57:03 pm »

How We Are Fighting the War on Terrorism
IDs and the illusion of security

How We Are Losing Our Privacy-(a brief snippet)
"First, verifying that someone has a photo ID is a completely useless security measure. All the Sept. 11 terrorists had photo IDs. Some of the IDs were real. Some were fake. Some were real IDs in fake names, bought from a crooked DMV employee in Virginia for $1,000 each. Fake driver's licenses for all 50 states, good enough to fool anyone who isn't paying close attention, are available on the Internet. Or if you don't want to buy IDs online, just ask any teenager where to get a fake ID."
Read the whole story here;
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...EDGSI4M3171.DTL

:(
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 08:16:25 pm by Hidden_Variable »

suijurisfreeman

IDs and the Ilusion of security
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 08:12:31 pm »

How We Are Fighting the War on Terrorism
IDs and the illusion of security

How We Are Losing Our Privacy-(a brief snippet)
"First, verifying that someone has a photo ID is a completely useless security measure. All the Sept. 11 terrorists had photo IDs. Some of the IDs were real. Some were fake. Some were real IDs in fake names, bought from a crooked DMV employee in Virginia for $1,000 each. Fake driver's licenses for all 50 states, good enough to fool anyone who isn't paying close attention, are available on the Internet. Or if you don't want to buy IDs online, just ask any teenager where to get a fake ID."
Read the whole story here;
http://www.sfgate.com/article.cgi?file=/ch...EDGSI4M3171.DTL

:(
Hidden_Variable,

What are you saying, I've been "insecure" since my Indiana driver's license expired in May of 1993?  Oh my god, and to think I wasn't even aware of the danger!  Where can I get some ID?
NOT!!!    :)   :P   :D   :lol:  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 08:14:13 pm by suijurisfreeman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up