The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: ID Resist  (Read 133581 times)

Jack21221

Re: ID Resist
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2006, 01:43:09 pm »

I'd like to recommend a great book to freebird... How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

The stuff actually works.

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2006, 01:56:53 pm »

:laugh: Aw, leave him alone.  His heart's in the right place.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Erin

« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2006, 01:58:51 pm »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 09:15:47 pm by Erin »

freebird

« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2006, 02:55:21 pm »

DMV photography in most, if not all states, is digital and can be used in facial recognition systems.  Some states are already doing facial recognition cross checking.  Isn't that biometrics?   

Fingerprints technology has also gone digital.  I am not sure to what extent. And I do not know to what extent your anti actions would fool a digital fingerprint system.  Do you?

Neither the answers.com dictionary entry, or the wikipedia entry for biometrics makes specific mention of photographs, although it does mention facial geometry.  Whether or not it's possible to derive facial geometry from a digital photograph is a question for someone more knowledgeable about biometrics that myself.   

"metric" is from the latin word metricus, which means relating to measurement, so biometrics is the practice of measuring specific characterics of a persons body.   Whether or not a photograph constitutes a "measurement" that is easily verified by computer is subject to debate IMO.

Lastly, if you feed a digital fingerprint system garbage, (as in a glue gummed print) it will not be able to make a match with your true fingerprint.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:20:45 pm by freebird »

freebird

« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2006, 04:22:54 pm »

It's just my opinion that opening with your suggestions instead of pissing on the dinner table first would have a more positive effect and might have empowered and emboldened folks to choose an option and run with it.

Now, here's where I disagree with you on the significance of Real ID.  It's still a piece of plastic.  It can still be lost, cut, or burned.  It can be carried, or not.  It can be forged or not.  It can be bought and sold as easily as a fiat dollar.  But you take that Real ID, and you require it be an implanted chip, and you've done something far more significant than link up 50 license databases on common elements, many of which are already linked voluntarily by the states themselves.  You make that Real ID so you can't drop it, lose it, or selectively carry it and things get nasty.  Then you have totalitarian policing.  As long as I can leave my Real ID at home (I already have one see, as my state sold us down that river before I woke up) I still have some power over who knows me and where I am.

Scarmig, your criticism about my approach is fair, and I understand where your coming from.  The events of the last five years in particular, in combination with the mass psychosis and denial of the country in general, is seriously  starting to drive me loco.   So my apologies for any offense taken, part of that was some necessary venting and blowing off steam.

Now, with regards to the significance of REAL ID.   Yes it is still a piece of plastic, which is not yet branded, surgically implanted, whatever on one's person.   You claim that people still have the option of selectively carrying the card.   I would submit that in reality that is simply not going to be the case for the vast majority of Americans who are almost totally dependent upon the automobile, and do not live in communities where alternative forms of transport are a viable option.   

It's just like the SSN.  By law nobody in America is "required" to have one.  But from a practical standpoint, the government has made it nearly impossible to live a "normal" life here without one.  You need one to get a drivers license, open a bank account, get a job, get credit, take out a loan, etc.   

It's kind of like the government saying "every person has a right to take big deep breaths of fresh air"   while at the same time mandating breathing permits for everyone that wants to inhale/exhale out of anything but one nostril at a time.  If you want to breathe through your mouth, or both nostrils, then you need to get a license, or else face imprisonment, fines, if caught.     Technically, you are still able to take big deep breaths of fresh air, but from a practical standpoint, you're really not. 

To re-iterate, the primary reason I am so adamant about refusing REAL ID is that it represents a wholly unacceptable concentration of real new power in hands of the federal gov't.    This new power is derived from newly harvested biometric information from the American populace (assuming that most people rollover and submit to REAL ID) in combination with the drivers licensing control grid.   Americans that refuse to be biometrically enumerated, will either have to give up driving, or risk fines and imprisonment. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 04:39:22 pm by freebird »

freebird

« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2006, 04:34:49 pm »

I am an American. I was born an American. I will live an American. I will die an American. I will not run, I will not hide (well, maybe I wil...) and I will NEVER stop fighting. But if you do run, please come to Wyoming with me. We can live freer there and with other Americans who value freedom as much as we do.

SouthernPatriot. 

I still maintain that it is illogical to sacrifice one's own life in a lopsided direct violent confrontation with the leviathan state, unless your own life was in immediate danger and there was a high likelyhood that you would be killed anyways, if you didn't resist.     There are other places outside of America that one can live freely, without being under the jackboot of the growing Amerikkan police state.   

It appears to me that you are still somewhat psychologically invested in the theology of the nation state, to the point where it is still part of your identity.   The nation-state is a political dinosaur that is going down whether people realize it yet or not.  It is doomed to extinction by fundamental shifts in power made possible by technology, which will destroy the ability of the state to extort revenue from its citizens.  So why let yourself be prematurely  murdered by it, when you can safely wait things out somewhere else as it collapses from its own weight into bankruptcy?   I recommend reading "The Sovereign Individual" to gain a better understanding of this topic.

In case anyone is curious, the only point at which I will engage in armed struggle against the state is when two important conditions are met

1)  It is impossible to survive without being enumerated.
2)  The govt has made it impossible for me to exit the country. 

When that happens, I'll grab my rifle and meet you at the front....Red Dawn style baby.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:22:40 pm by freebird »

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2006, 07:14:43 pm »

Liberty Round Table started a No NID project a good while (years?) back.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

ripsnort

« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2006, 09:20:14 pm »

DMV photography in most, if not all states, is digital and can be used in facial recognition systems.  Some states are already doing facial recognition cross checking.  Isn't that biometrics?

Neither the answers.com dictionary entry, or the wikipedia entry for biometrics makes specific mention of photographs, although it does mention facial geometry.  Whether or not it's possible to derive facial geometry from a digital photograph is a question for someone more knowledgeable about biometrics that myself.   

"metric" is from the latin word metricus, which means relating to measurement, so biometrics is the practice of measuring specific characterics of a persons body.   Whether or not a photograph constitutes measurement is subject to debate IMO.

Freebird, You missed my point on the type of digital photography that DMVs are using and facial recognition systems.  The digital photo systems DMVs are using ARE used for facial recognition systems.  Some states  NOW have facial recognition systems in plane, and more states are in the process. 
And I'll add that yes, facial recognition systems are a form of, one of the most effective forms, of biometrics.
Anyone who has their picture on their drivers license maybe in a facial recognition system, and if they don't it probably will be within the next few years as more states put their DMV pics in facial recognition systems.
No pic on my license!

freebird

« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2006, 10:13:10 pm »

Freebird, You missed my point on the type of digital photography that DMVs are using and facial recognition systems.  The digital photo systems DMVs are using ARE used for facial recognition systems.  Some states  NOW have facial recognition systems in plane, and more states are in the process. 
And I'll add that yes, facial recognition systems are a form of, one of the most effective forms, of biometrics.
Anyone who has their picture on their drivers license maybe in a facial recognition system, and if they don't it probably will be within the next few years as more states put their DMV pics in facial recognition systems.
No pic on my license!   
I do not dispute that facial recognition systems are a form of biometrics.  The only problem (or benefit depending on your perspective) is that the technology sucks donkey dong.   There are a slew of articles documenting the failures so far here:
http://www.epic.org/privacy/facerecognition/

Therefore your assertion that facial recognition systems are "one of the most effective forms of biometrics" could not be further from the truth. 

How effective any system can be which relies on digitized drivers license photos is subject to debate.  Nevertheless, I recommend making the biggest, stupidest, ugliest, most contorted face possible for any police mugshots.   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 10:18:13 pm by freebird »

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2006, 10:20:09 pm »

Err uhh,

Perhaps this might help, every new police car in a decent size agency not only has a mulit fucntion laptop including recording capabilities, they also come with wireless printers. Distort your face or whichever, it won't matter.

Perhaps it may be better if you fish through a mega thread on this forum (I have forgotten whcih one) that acutally gives advice on how to not use "super glue on the finger tips" and use something a little more appropriate to keep oneself private.

Good Luck.
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

http://tthelastcause.blogspot.com/

ripsnort

« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2006, 07:44:34 am »

Freebird,
    Facial recognition systems are improving as fast as computer technology 10 years ago.  A new biometric - skin printing - (from digital photos) - has now been incorporated into facial recognition systems.  The resulting accuracy can differentiate between identical twins.
    You do bring up the interesting point of: to what extent can the state require someone to maintain a certain facial expression while being photographed.

SouthernPatriot

« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2006, 08:38:58 am »

The 'inser
I am an American. I was born an American. I will live an American. I will die an American. I will not run, I will not hide (well, maybe I wil...) and I will NEVER stop fighting. But if you do run, please come to Wyoming with me. We can live freer there and with other Americans who value freedom as much as we do.

SouthernPatriot.

I still maintain that it is illogical to sacrifice one's own life in a lopsided direct violent confrontation with the leviathan state, unless your own life was in immediate danger and there was a high likelyhood that you would be killed anyways, if you didn't resist. There are other places outside of America that one can live freely, without being under the jackboot of the growing Amerikkan police state.

I agree, I never said you should throw away your life when it wouldn't be worth it. And yes there are places where you can live freer; however I don't believe there are places that have ever been as free as America once was, has the ingrained culture of liberty that America has, and has as strong a 'right to keep and bear' arms as America does. Tell me one place you can go to outside of America, and legally buy a semi-auto pistol with cash and no ID, strap it on your hip in plain site and walk out, all while wearing BDUs. America may be less free than other countries but it still has the guns to get the freedom back whereas most other 'free' countries don't.

It appears to me that you are still somewhat psychologically invested in the theology of the nation state, to the point where it is still part of your identity. The nation-state is a political dinosaur that is going down whether people realize it yet or not. It is doomed to extinction by fundamental shifts in power made possible by technology, which will destroy the ability of the state to extort revenue from its citizens. So why let yourself be prematurely murdered by it, when you can safely wait things out somewhere else as it collapses from its own weight into bankruptcy? I recommend reading "The Sovereign Individual" to gain a better understanding of this topic.

No, I am not. It is not the nation state that is a part of my identity, it is my heritage and culture of liberty and freedom and gun ownership that is. Just because the government has gone bad, doesn't mean all the people or the country has. America as a place full of freedom living individuals is what I will live in and die for, not the nation state police state you are talking about. I do plan to wait it out in Wyoming. If forming free states (i.e. WY, NH) doesn't work than America is lost as a nation. The next steps will be underground communities such as Claire describes in her book about the SSN (can't remember the name but I have read it).

In case anyone is curious, the only point at which I will engage in armed struggle against the state is when two important conditions are met

1) It is impossible to survive without being enumerated.
2) The govt has made it impossible for me to exit the country.

When that happens, I'll grab my rifle and meet you at the front....Red Dawn style baby.

I'm with you on that except I won't wait until the govt has made it impossible for me to exit the country b/c I won't be exiting (well, maybe I will but with the intent to return) and I would add a 3rd thing (a second thing for me because your second thing wouldn't be on my list) and that would be if the government comes at me with arms first (i.e Waco, Ruby Ridge, house to house raids for confiscation of firearms, etc.) And if my town/county gets filled with police-checks then I'd have to say that would be my time to start shooting. I only hope I have the courage to live up to that.

Seriously, why not join the FSW?  I have studied it greatly and compared to the FSP it looks like it could work (not that the FSP hasn't done anything, just that the FSW can probably do more). There is a lot of freedom there and we can make it even more free - a haven for those running from the very thing you would leave the country because - why not just leave and stay withing the USA and come to WY?  And btw, where outside the USA would you run to/recommend running to? I have thought but the private gun ownership is the thing that really makes me plan to stay here.

J

freebird

« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2006, 12:39:35 pm »

I don't believe there are places that have ever been as free as America once was, has the ingrained culture of liberty that America has, and has as strong a 'right to keep and bear' arms as America does.
I agree.
Tell me one place you can go to outside of America, and legally buy a semi-auto pistol with cash and no ID, strap it on your hip in plain site and walk out, all while wearing BDUs. America may be less free than other countries but it still has the guns to get the freedom back whereas most other 'free' countries don't.
I would tend to all agree that America has the most prevalant "gun culture".  Whether or not having those guns will allow Americans to get their freedom back is subject to debate.  One need look no further than Iraq to see what is working against the US Military.  It is primarily EID's and RPG's...not small arms.  If things ever came to civil war in this country, freedom fighters will be going up against the entire might of the US Military, body armor and all.  So I tend to doubt how effective small arms are going to be in such a scenario.  If every citizen was allowed to stock body armor, RPG's and artillery shells, then you might have a formidable resistance. 

Regardless, I do not advocate violent revolution, because I do not believe in shedding innocent blood.  What needs to happen in America is a revolution in people's minds.  Once that happens, and the state's perception of legitimacy is destroyed, we can look forward to a new era of freedom and prosperity.   Hopefully bankruptcy will bring down the US govt as soon as possible, thus limiting the number of people that it can murder before it expires.

Just because the government has gone bad, doesn't mean all the people or the country has.
While there are still many good people left in America, my personal perception is that most Americans are in a state of deep denial, ESPECIALLY ABOUT THE EVENTS OF 9-11.  Decades of govt schools have dumbed people down to the point where they simply to do not appear to have the critical thinking skills, nor the intellectual framework necessary for the aforementioned mental revolution to take place.  That said, I'll be damned if I'm going down with the ship.  Are you going to be one of the jews that had the foresight to get "the hell out of Dodge" (Germany) while the getting was good?   Or are you going to wait until you're being ordered onto a boxcar bound for some detention camp?

Seriously, why not join the FSW? 

I'm giving it serious thought.  But with each passing month I think it would be just plain safer to be physically located outside the jurisdiction of the US.  Plus I would much rather see the rest of the world than hole up in Wyoming.  I'll take a winter on a tropical island in the carribean over a winter in Wyoming anytime.

where outside the USA would you run to/recommend running to? I have thought but the private gun ownership is the thing that really makes me plan to stay here.
A lot of people talk about New Zealand, Panama, Costa Rica, etc.  But I would say anywhere
the cost of living in cheap, that has a stable gov't and robust economy, where you can speak the language.  (important when trying to earn income!)

I don't know what good private gun ownership is going to do up against the might of the police state, unless you just wanted to cap yourself before being arrested/imprisoned/tortured.  Depending on where you wanted to make your last stand, why not rig your car or house up with explosives, and then light that fucker up when the JBT's came to arrest/imprison/torture you?   You better BELIEVE they are going think twice before making their next "dynamic entry" after something like that happens, hahaha. 

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be great to see some crazy hermit sumbitch dude hole up in his house, waiting for a SWAT team to bust in with guns blazing so he can serve them up a king size helping of high-explosive souffle?!   Let 'em bust into the the house to serve their stupid (token) warrant for some stupid victimless crime, get inside and then BOOM!!!!  Can you imagine?  News helicopters circling around the neighborhood as a big mushroom cloud blooms 300 feet high over the surburban landscape.  A few screaming burning bodies stagger outside of the house and collapse. 

Of course in a perfect world, JBT's should all have the experience of being sent to prison where they can enjoy being beaten to a bloody pulp and then gang-raped by a group of large black men.  Then victimized repeatly as they wondered every day whether or not they have also been infected with HIV.   Let them experience that for 3-4 weeks...just so they know what it feels like for so many of their non-violent victims of their victimless crimes (read DRUG "WAR"), just so they get a taste of their own medicine.  Those sadistic conditions are admittedly hard for the private citizen to re-create, and we all know that would never really happen anyways.  So I think a house bomb-inferno would be the next best bet.  If they live and suffer for the rest of their lives as some burn freak with 3rd degree burns over all of their body, that would probably serve as a deterrent to future aggression.

Seriously though, I think you're better off building a new life outside the US than living here as some kind of hunted runaway slave, if things continue the way they are going.  The nation-state is going to become increasingly vicious and tyrannicaly as it moves towards the brink.  IMHO it's best just to get the hell out of the way!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 01:56:45 pm by freebird »

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2006, 12:53:04 pm »

What needs to happen in America is a revolution in people's minds.  Once that happens, and the states perception of legitimacy is destroyed, we can look forward to a new era of freedom and prosperity. 
My personal perception is that most Americans are in a state of deep denial, and decades of govt schools have dumbed people down to the point where they simply to do have the critical thinking skills, or intellectual framework necessary for the aforementioned mental revolution to take place.

These are my thoughts exactly.

What minds brought us to this point?  Minds steeped in decades of government schools.

What minds do we need?  Minds with critical thinking skills, and individualism.

Where do we find these minds?

We don't.  Just like they didn't.  You don't find them, you make them.

If you can't take the kids out of the state, you *can* take the state out of the kids.

Revolution is for two kinds of people, those who have nothing to lose (old) and those who have everything to gain (young).  Everybody else is a support/escape/recruiting network.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2006, 11:29:40 pm »

I would tend to all agree that America has the most prevalant "gun culture".  Whether or not having those guns will allow Americans to get their freedom back is subject to debate.  One need look no further than Iraq to see what is working against the US Military.  It is primarily EID's and RPG's...not small arms.  If things ever came to civil war in this country, freedom fighters will be going up against the entire might of the US Military, body armor and all.  So I tend to doubt how effective small arms are going to be in such a scenario.  If every citizen was allowed to stock body armor, RPG's and artillery shells, then you might have a formidable resistance.

when, if, the police state turns into dictatorship and the military is called out in full force, how many of them will be used as garrison troops or shock troops? believe that any dictator is going to use troops to guard himself and his buddies. that will leave a smaller army to take and maintain control. the troops in iraq are not substantially outnumbered and yet cannot gain or maintain control. any troops in amerika will be very outnumbered just by the gun owners and not just the people. and if the would-be dictator keeps troops outside amerika pursuing some empire-building agenda, the number of troops here will be insufficient for control. i won't say it wouldn't get bloody, but the troops are going to be limited by the means they can use without starting a revolution if they used heavy weapons and started massacring people to gain control. and that isn't even allowing for mass desertions among troops ordered to destroy their own hometowns or those who would not fire on their own countrymen.

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be great to see some crazy hermit sumbitch dude hole up in his house, waiting for a SWAT team to bust in with guns blazing so he can serve them up a king size helping of high-explosive souffle?!   Let 'em bust into the the house to serve their stupid (token) warrant for some stupid victimless crime, get inside and then BOOM!!!!  Can you imagine?  News helicopters circling around the neighborhood as a big mushroom cloud blooms 300 feet high over the surburban landscape.  A few screaming burning bodies stagger outside of the house and collapse.

actually, i thought that rigging the house after you built an escape tunnel that exited into another building not in your name was the better scenario. make the house very difficult to make an immediate dynamic entry and while they are breaking in you go out the tunnel and get to your safe house and turn on the monitors and wait for the bad guys to accumulate in the house and the area before you set off the "surprise".

of course, this presupposes that someone would be ruthless enough to make something like that a reality.

take care,
clarence
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21   Go Up