The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down

Author Topic: ID Resist  (Read 138091 times)

Mr. Bill

Re: ID Resist
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2006, 10:03:01 pm »

Does anyone know if you get arrested and booked into jail for driving without a license in any of the 50 states?   Or do you just sign a ticket and off you go?

My understanding is that you can get arrested and booked into jail for jaywalking, illegal parking, or anything else, if the officer chooses to do so.  Doesn't mean you will be arrested, but it's possible.  As for the "off you go" part, that would most likely be ON FOOT, not in the car you aren't licensed to drive.

There would definitely be no point in lying (e.g. "Oh, I've got a license, but I left it at home/it was stolen by an illegal immigrant/my cat ate it") because they will just have the dispatcher look you up in the big computer database to verify whether you've really got a license.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2006, 05:16:26 am »

There would definitely be no point in lying (e.g. "Oh, I've got a license, but I left it at home/it was stolen by an illegal immigrant/my cat ate it") because they will just have the dispatcher look you up in the big computer database to verify whether you've really got a license.

I've wondered about this. Lots of cop cars nowadays have computers mounted inside. I've never seen one in action, but I suppose that a cop can enter your car's license plate number and see on his screen, before he even talks to you, you driving license mugshot, your insurance payment records, your registration information, your criminal record, etc. Yet they still ask to see the paper copies of driving license and registration. It's all about control.

Does anybody know details about what's available to a computer-equipped cop at a roadside stop?
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2006, 07:50:56 am »

All tickets you've had (ever, they never seem to really drop off your record), whether or not you have ever had a concealed carry license and it's status, status of your driver's licence (all details on the license as well), whether or not other states have criminal claims tied to your license, known aliases and I suspect previous addresses on the license as well.

That much I know from direct experience.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

freebird

« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2006, 11:34:10 am »

Oooh!  Still full of piss and vinegar, I see!

Perhaps, before you cast aspersions on others, you could expound on your own experiences concerning these things?

My own experience is that I currently drive without a license as I refuse to renew my previous one, I have never been arrested in my entire life for anything, and I plan to keep it that way if at all possible. 

As long as one observes all the rules of the road, and drives a well maintained vehicle, the chances of getting pulled over are close to nil. (with the notable exception of DWB..."Driving While Black") Roadblocks are a different story, but can still be avoided.   IMO, being involved in an accident is the biggest wildcard with regards to being "discovered"

Arrest and jail time are my biggest concerns.  And it's not going to jail or prison itself that scares me, it's the brutal hyperracialized rape factory environment of the tougher lockups.   If the threat of severe beatings, prison rape and HIV infection is not a sick form of social control, then I don't know what is.  LA County jail is a prime example of such a place, I know people that have been inside and they tell me it's scary. 

If any of you want a real world glimpse into conditions inside nutjob Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jails, check out some of the earlier posting's in Jon's jail blog.   

http://jonsjailjournal.blogspot.com/

There's a wealth of other stories you can find on the Internet and what it's like to be on the inside.  The common thread is that most of them are pretty horrifying.
http://www.infoshop.org/inews/article.php?story=04/02/04/3665619

BBC documentary on "America's brutal prisons"
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8451.htm

Some excerpts on prison rape:
http://www.geniebusters.org/915/35b_prison.html

Wikipedia entry on prison rape:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_rape

Stop Prison Rape, Inc.
http://www.spr.org/

Human Rights Watch, predators and victims of prison rape:
http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report4.html#_1_25

How a society treats its prisoners, says a lot about that society.  And by that standard we live in a sick, sick country where prison rape is not only tolerated, but openly laughed at and joked about on national TV,  and outright celebrated in many instances.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:42:58 pm by freebird »

Mr. Bill

« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2006, 12:57:46 pm »

Does anybody know details about what's available to a computer-equipped cop at a roadside stop?

I've got a rough idea, from listening to the local cops on my scanner. From your license plate they can get info on the registered owner of the vehicle -- name(s) and address(es), and probably driver's license numbers -- and also the vehicle description and VIN that is supposed to go with that plate. The person driving the car might not be the registered owner, which is why they also need to see the driver's license. Once they have you identified, they can get all the other data as scarming described, although what's available will probably vary from state to state, maybe even from county to county, depending on how sophisticated their computer systems are.

This isn't necessarily an automatic, instantaneous process as of 2006. The cop's computer may not be able to get a wireless connection. The city/county computer system may be down. The state license database may be down. Even if everything is working, not all the data is linked up (yet), and the cop will often ask a dispatcher to do further research (alternate name spellings, both state and local databases and sometimes even in-house paper records, etc.), which can take a while.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2006, 04:26:24 pm »

2 tangents.

1. They now have those license plate scanners so they can scan all the license plates all the time.

B. I heard that Ohio is going to add an element to their Alcohol check points. Evasion teams. This will be additional squad cars to go after the drunks who would attempt to avoid the checkpoint. So, they assume anyone who turns around is automatically doing something wrong. Phuquers.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

ripsnort

« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2006, 07:02:02 pm »

50 states - laws and LEO practise vary greatly.  Tho you may get off with just a ticket for driving without a license, you will probably have to prove to the officers satisfaction who you are.  So unless you live in a small town where the officer knows you, what ID are you going to use?
Here you can not be pursued or stopped for turning around and leaving a DUI check point, I don't know about other states.
National ID - I'm gonna hate it if I have to get my picture and address on my drivers license!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:07:49 pm by ripsnort »

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2006, 06:55:33 am »

At the moment, Texas has a law specifically banning arbitrary checkpoints.  The only roadblocks allowed are for stopping known and specified fugitives and, of course, border control.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

spidey

« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2006, 02:56:45 pm »

I've lived near communist Germany as a child and can remember their version of the JBTs; my father was going to play a professional basketball game against East Germany (he was on a European team), and we entered East Germany through the Berlin area.  Once they found out we were from the U.S., well, we got their version of hospitality.  I am intimately familiar with the results of required documentation.

Any and all agitation and activism against this draconian piece of shite is good.  Do I think any amount of activism against this legislation will work?  No.  But, do whatever your consciousness dictates.

Claire is right, we need to be unified.  However, I think that the unification needs to have a higher goal once it happens.  If the unification seeks to stop the REAL ID, that may be all it will accomplish; however, if the unification seeks to preserve liberty as a unified group, with the fight against REAL ID being just a by-product in the fight for liberty, then who knows what may be accomplished!  If you aim for the moon, you may not hit it, but you will have gotten far; if you aim for the ground, you are sure to hit it.

Duncan

« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2006, 12:07:48 pm »

In Lakewood, Colorado a woman refused to ID herself to the Homeland Gestapo. A few months back a woman on her way to work via the public bus, which had to make its run through the Federal Center located on Kipling and Alameda in Lakewood, would be stopped at the gate and the passengers randomly checked for ID's. The woman in question never drove a car and as such she had no DL but was required to have some form of state issued ID card according to the federal swine.

There is no law in place YET which requires people to get an ID card or to even carry one on them. This was her issue. The fed pigs arrested the woman and later dropped the case when they discovered that she had a battery of lawyers ready to do battle in court over forcing people to get state issued ID cards and then making them carry the ID card on thier person anywhere they went in public.

Even though the courts say that a person is required by their laws to ID themselves when hassled by copsters there is NO requirement to obtian a state issued ID or carry one on your person. You are only required to give the cop a name and that is all. You are not required to give the cop an address, a SS#, a phone# or your place of employment just a name.

The law does not tell you that you are required to spell your name out for the cop nor does it say how often you must give the pig your name. The law does not specify in what language who must ID yourself or give out your name. Your surname could be given in its orginal dialect and it would still be your legal name. Maybe your surname is French or Spanish or better yet Celtic. Thier are alot of ways to say the last name of Philp. McKillop, Philip, Phylp etc... . You get the picture.

wvpeach1963

« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2006, 06:59:54 am »

I agree with august west, here in WV we have no trust of the goverment

After all it is here where the goverment first tried to drop bombs on american people

to settle a coal mining strike. Our state goverment will have a fight on its hands getting this enacted in WV at all.

Even with the feds pushing this it is not a done deal here.

But I like the idea of a resistance to it as I would hate to get cut off from travel out side my state which is exactly what could happen.

And I will have to give up my cruises because I bet without that real ID I'd never get back in the country. BUMMER

ff42

« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2006, 05:08:34 pm »

"The law does not tell you that you are required to spell your name".   If  ever stopped or challenged I plan on using american sign language...

wvpeach1963

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2006, 12:00:28 am »

count me in on any logical resistence. nazi symbols aside.

klhrevolutionist

• Revolution Through Revelation
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2008, 09:53:44 pm »

I'm totally on board and will coordinate with whomever is really interested.

https://billstclair.com/blog/national_i_d.html

http://digg.com/educational/End_the_War_on_Freedom/
http://reddit.com/user/klhrevolutionist/

I submitted it to other popular sites but they are pending approval ...
http://www.GreenvilleRoad.info
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!

klhrevolutionist

• Revolution Through Revelation
National I.D. West Virginia
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2008, 02:29:18 am »

The State Journal reports:
"CHARLESTON -- West Virginia would join a growing number of states that are refusing to change what appears on their driver's licenses to meet new national security standards under a proposed bill that is enjoying bipartisan support among state lawmakers." http://tinyurl.com/2wmc78

Spread the word! Hit W. Virginia with a barrage of emails, phone calls, faxes and more. To let them know we support them ! To encourage them ! We can defeat this the same as the amnesty was defeated !

https://billstclair.com/blog/w_virginia_enough_is_enough.html
http://www.GreenvilleRoad.info
Heaven is on the way, until then let's get the truth out!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up