The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: ID Resist  (Read 138057 times)

HRearden

ID Resist
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2005, 11:52:40 pm »

I like the bilboard idea and have a suggestion. I think the swastika would be negative for the movement but a forearm with the death camp ID number tatooed on might bring a better response. I am going to start more searches on the net for info on this subject. I do think this brainstorming part will be very important for all of us. This might need to become a forum page of it's own. Easier for stopper bys to find and particapaite.

How about a billboard that makes reference to the Village in the tv series the Prisoner and that in the Village everyone had a number they were required to wear to identify who they are?

$

" I am not a number, I am a free man."

- Number Six
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 11:53:11 pm by HRearden »

TheGrayMan

ID Resist
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2005, 02:16:42 am »

It has been suggested to get a passport with a student ID or similar card.  It is not that easy. The form might say "such as a DL", but what they really mean is an ID issued by State or Federal agency (just speaking from experience).

The US Dept. of State is also on the Biometric band wagon.  In fact they have been working on that prior to the National ID.  The problem they are running into is that a passport is intended for international travel and getting other countries on the same page is hard.  Weather it be do to resistance to the idea or lack of tech.

The real issue is just what the title of this thread says "ID Resist".  Skirting around the issue will get us nothing in the long run.  

Kirsten

ID Resist
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2005, 09:54:36 am »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:30:06 pm by Kirsten »

TheGrayMan

ID Resist
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2005, 11:10:40 am »

By resisting I was refering to fighting the act, contacting reps., exposing the IDs flaws to the media, ect.   The way I see it, that is the only way.  Avoiding the National ID by only using a Student ID or some other "ID" will eventually come to an end.  I hate to say it, but that is the writing on the wall.  Unless you are willing to live an existance of "non-existance".  And by that I mean not being able to set up basic utilities, drive a car, have a bank account, on and on.

Some will say fine, that is what I will do.  OK go for it.  Have you tried it?  

I say this as a MOLE.  I have been a service member, a federal employee, a priviate contractor, a federal officer, and now an independent contractor.  The only officially recognized IDs are those issued by a govt. agency-State or Fed.  No, your library card does not prove you are who you say you are, or your citizenship.  It only tells them you can check out books.  No, your Costco card is not an ID.  It does not prove who you are, ect.  Both (and many more cards) are issued with very little if any ID check.  Is the city library qualified to tell if your student ID or birth cert are fake.  NO.  That is why they are not recognized.

The problem with ID cards is that we need to be able to ID eachother, but not violate our privacy.  BS you say?  OK, prove to the bank, taxman or whoever that you own your house/car/dog/ ect.  Are those your children?  Can I see your ID?  See where this goes?  We all have names, the problem is that that name is supposed to belong to you, not someone else.  Well how do you prove that you really are who you say you are?  ID theft is rampant.  If all I need to do is get your library card, does that mean that I can sell your house for you?

So to sum it up, I think it is time to organize.  Time to hold our (supposedly) elected officials accountable.  I know, I know "don't talk to your congresscritter".  The problem is that unless you are ready for armed resistance, that is what you need to do.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2005, 11:12:16 am by TheGrayMan »

NuclearDruid

ID Resist
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2005, 11:28:33 am »

Waco, TX Editor takes brave stand on Real ID (not <_< )
A national ID system will thwart criminals and illegals

Congress long has ignored notices that the United States needs a standardized method to be able to identify and track people who commit crimes in one state and easily take up residence and new identities in another state.

Meanwhile, voter fraud could be reduced with secure national IDs.

Yeah, right!

Terrorism and homeland security issues aside, however, the principle of the rule of law erodes in the United States when the government fails to enforce the law that prohibits U.S. employers from hiring workers who are illegally inside the United States. This was the conclusion of the Jordan commission report on immigration reform.

This guy's in Waco right? I figured he'd know all about federal enforcement. :blink:

Congress recognizes the problem. That's a start. It should bite the bullet and pass a federal national ID system.

Ah, the smell of Freedom of the Press. I'd personally prefer standing downwind of a pig farm (or DC).

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
ID Resist
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2005, 01:13:07 pm »

OK, so I went down last Friday and renewed my permission slip to drive.  Everyone I had talked to that had been through it said that the prints they were taking were either the right index finger or the right index finger and right thumb, but none of them could remember for sure.  So I superglued my right index finger and right thumb, figuring I'd be covered.  

Get over to the tag agency and sign in and they ask for my current permission slip...er, driver's license, which they promptly confiscated, and an alternate form of ID.  Turns up, the cards for my medical insurance count as alternate ID.  Neat.  So the lady takes my picture, which I hate having done in general, and then says to put my left index finger on their little print scanner...SHIT!  OK, so they got a really good image of my left index finger.  DMV: 1, Me: 0Then she says to put my right index finger up there.  So I put my right index finger on the scanner and she says "Hmm...we're not getting a very good scan on this one at all."  Because the lady has been so nice (except the picture thing, but that wasn't her fault), I resist the urge to yell "THAT'S RIGHT YOU STATIST BITCH!", and just keep my yap shut.  She opens up a little can of what looks (and feels and smells) like lip gloss and says "Rub your finger on this for a second then rub that in with your thumb."  Waterless hand cleaner, I'm betting.  So I do that and she says "OK, put your right finger back up here again."  She runs the scan again, then sighs and says "I guess that will just have to do."  :)  DMV: 1, Superglue: 1.  Then she says "OK, hit either 'yes' or 'no' when it asks about being an organ donor, then sign on the dotted line."  I hit "no" and she goes "Uh oh."  She then picks up the phone, hits a speed dial button and starts talking about how the computer crashed.  I kind of smile, knowing that computers are very fallible (something you learn quickly in my line of work).  So I wait for them to unpooch the system and she has to retake my picture, but the prints saved, go figure.

I guess there's no point in me refusing the mark of the beast now....
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Scarmiglione'

ID Resist
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2005, 02:43:03 pm »

Lesson learned, superglue all your damn fingers.

Actually, lessong learned:  Elmer's glue your fingers, and while the glue is still malleable "print" it with some other wrinkly part of skin, such as the inner palm.  This *should* create ridges and bumps that will show up clearer, but not match your fingertips.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

Harleqwin

ID Resist
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2005, 04:53:33 pm »

Just a minor FYI on the Google maps thing:

I checked out my area (Niagara Falls) and the photo is roughly at least 2 years old.  I started at my house, and scanned to the falls, and then upriver.  There are a couple of major construction projects that have happened that are not on the satellite view.

And interestingly, they actually have "smudged" out the image near the Power Project so that you cannot view the generators area, but not the reservoir; that you can see.  I would expect them to do so, just minorly interesting that it is so.  OOOH, now I will go look at the Airbase near me..... Yep, that is "smudged" too.
The 'ideal' America praised by so many is nothing more than smoke from the propaganda machine. At best it is an idealized abstraction, at worst a wall to rational thought -IKDR

"But there's nothing wrong with me,   This is how I'm supposed to be,   In a land of make believe,   That don't believe in me"
"To find what you believe,   And I leave behind,   This hurricane of fucking lies,    I lost my faith to this,   This town that don't exist" - Green Day

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
ID Resist
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2005, 10:08:06 pm »

Just a minor FYI on the Google maps thing:

I checked out my area (Niagara Falls) and the photo is roughly at least 2 years old.  I started at my house, and scanned to the falls, and then upriver.  There are a couple of major construction projects that have happened that are not on the satellite view.

And interestingly, they actually have "smudged" out the image near the Power Project so that you cannot view the generators area, but not the reservoir; that you can see.  I would expect them to do so, just minorly interesting that it is so.  OOOH, now I will go look at the Airbase near me..... Yep, that is "smudged" too.
I wonder if they've got software tracking who wants to persist in looking at a lot of those sites...

It's what I might consider if I were in their shoes.

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Misfit

ID Resist
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2005, 04:22:52 am »

The problem with ID cards is that we need to be able to ID eachother, but not violate our privacy.  BS you say?  OK, prove to the bank, taxman or whoever that you own your house/car/dog/ ect.  Are those your children?  Can I see your ID?  See where this goes?  We all have names, the problem is that that name is supposed to belong to you, not someone else.  Well how do you prove that you really are who you say you are?  ID theft is rampant.  If all I need to do is get your library card, does that mean that I can sell your house for you?
Well, I have titles to those things with my name on them, but no SSN or other "identifier" on the titles. I wouldn't have a problem showing a banker or whoever some documentation backing up that those things are mine or that I am who I say. My big issue is why does my SSN and other info have to go into their database to be hacked into and stolen? Why can't they just enter "Yep, we saw proof of their identity."?  We wouldn't have such an ID theft problem if we weren't being demanded to give out our SSN to everyone who asks. Why on God's green earth does Blockbuster need my SSN? They don't, but they're demanding it or no movies for you. I've got no movies...I'm not willing to give some deadbeat all the info he needs to go buy a new Mustang on my credit. Connecting all our information to one universal ID system is only going to make ID theft worse.

kfander

ID Resist
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2005, 07:15:42 am »

We are accepting guest articles on this subject. While we are based in Maine, only about 50% of our readership comes from within the state, and we see an average of 4,000 unique visitors per day.

Editorials, on pretty much any topic, can be submitted via email or email attachment. Plain text is best, but I can read and convert most other formats.

Ken Anderson
editor@magic-city-news.com

UnstructuredAgain

ID Resist
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2005, 07:30:47 am »

We'll be amazed at how resourceful, wise, and smart we become as this latest round of tyranny becomes a part of life.  That said, there is still the state option and their representatives.  Like other things, the individual states will have final say as to whether they will accept the federal standards.  

Each round of tyranny provides endless opportunity for work arounds.  A costco card, library card, or utility bill probably won't do much for you by themselves in the living part of the life cycle, agreed.  Networks, proxies, and people you know will provide the best options.  Begin to layer and disassociate from anything that may need a NID in the future, NOW.  Form the decentralized networks and we can look back around the corner turned and see that just like in the past, the future will require some work but is certainly livable.  

I've seen people live "below the radar" through a couple of rounds of tyranny thus far, in fact, that's part of my business.  I've studied tyranny in Police States that had 1 out of 3 citizens become snitches.  One can live a good life without using banks.  

If a bank account is necessary for you, consider taking a vacation to Montreal or Toronto or Vancouver, open a bank account there- shop around of course as different banks have different requirements, and you will not be asked for a SSN.  They do not have record retention regs like we do here and do not have anything like Fincen going over everybody's bank records all of the time.  Use the atm card and the machines that spit out cash.

There is no law saying one must use the banking system- though there are rules making it fairly difficult to conduct business without one.  One might have to give up a couple of "luxuries" now and then but remember, living this way is not pathetic.  I've seen people form partnerships to buy property with no debt.  I've seen people form relationships before the next round of tyranny so that "know your customer" is already established once the tyranny is in place.  It's viable to live in this way.  Networks and nominees are good ideas and if one can't afford to purchase property without loans, rent until you can within your networks.

Don't fly, unless you have to.  If you give in and get a NID, then do not tie your current address into it.  If you put your current address down, move immediately and keep the NID, but use sparingly.  

Make it your goal to launch an all out monkeywrench campaign against any database you can find.

Communicate to your state reps. that in no way will you accept the adoption of such standards in identification.  File lawsuits.  

Use your mainstream connections to plant seeds- in print, at the coffee shop, on the street light poles, your friends, your moles, etc.

Many things can be done.  We are a resourceful and in the future, when we look back, we will be amazed at how well we've done to fight and get around the tyranny.  

I wrote a longer post yesterday but lost it, so this will have to do.  Remember, each one of these ideas and all of them together will produce momentum.  The key to me is to get that word out to people that have heard about it, but let is slide into history.  The other sheep have already given every bit of power to the congress and politicians as if the sheep are working for them.  They are indeed powerful, especially when watching oprah, dr. phil, and Maury.  Congress knows most people do this and would never question or read a bill because most people think they are just protecting the Homeland these days.

Enough babbling sorry bout the spelling, I liked my other post better so I wrote this one quickly.

Peace and Good Day

Erin

ID Resist
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2005, 09:13:49 am »

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 10:29:26 pm by Erin »

Kirsten

ID Resist
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2005, 11:51:14 am »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:29:51 pm by Kirsten »

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
ID Resist
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2005, 12:07:23 pm »

Noting Claire's latest blog entry, I am motivated to do some major research this weekend (assuming that reading RebelFire doesn't take the entire weekend to read) and begin establishing the database I talked about earlier.  Any input as to categories for which we (as in anyone who is interested in contributing) should gather data would be highly appreciated.  Off the top of my head:

Full Name
Nickname
Home Address
Home Telephone Number
Local Office Address
Local Office Telephone Number
DC Office Address (if applicable)
DC Office Telephone Number (if applicable)
Social Security Number
Professional License Number (e.g. if a medical professional, etc...)
E-mail Address
Birth Date
Vehicle VINs and License Plate Numbers
This would be the database containing info on the JBTs?  If so, I'd add, as optional fields, of course, the following:

Income
Tax bracket
Taxes actually paid
Businesses owned
Stocks owned
Properties owned
Medical records

OK, so some of these would be hard, if not impossible, to get, but since the JBTs have all this info on us, it only seems fair.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up