The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Our Lady Of Peace" Act  (Read 3746 times)

Loxosceles_Reclusa

"Our Lady Of Peace" Act
« on: June 24, 2003, 08:09:00 pm »

:angry:

Supposedly our favorite U.S. Senator Charles Shemer, er, Schumer,  is introducing a bill in the Senate today that will, if enacted into law, force all 50 states to "automate" all their "mental health" records going back to whenever such things were first recorded, and make it part of some huge fedgov data base, so as to be part and parcel of the "NICS" background check everyone who wants to legally buy a gun must submit to. The idea is supposedly to weed out all the "mentally ill" or "mental defectives."

Well, just how broad, vague, and infinitely expandable is their definition of "mental illness" going to be? Bear in mind that Senator Schemer doesn't believe *anyone* but the police and the military should be able to keep and bear arms. He freely uses the sophisticated medical diagnosis  "gun nut" to describe any and all private citizens who own guns and/or care about their 2nd Amendment rights. I've personally heard him screech out the term many times in interviews on TV, and even on the House and Senate floors.

I also have it on pretty good authority that the psychiatric profession as a whole regards the mere desire for personal weapons and/or any interest in self-defense as strongly diagnostic of one or another "disorder" or "syndrome." Also, I believe they consider anyone who is angry or upset (about, say, the passage of such a law) to be suffering from some sort of mental disease.  Likewise, anyone who believes in such things as helicopters and cans of black paint is unquestionably suffering from "paranoid delusions." :angry:

Schumer and his ilk just never get tired of it, do they?  Turning as much of the populace as absolutely possible into helpless, defenseless sheep is what they want, and like the Terminator, they will never, ever stop. It's too bad no one seems able to *make* them stop. We can vote them out, we are always told. But that doesn't seem to be working.

ladylearning

"Our Lady Of Peace" Act
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 10:15:56 pm »

We can vote them out, we are always told. But that doesn't seem to be working.

I'm ordinarily a peaceful person but stuff like this (the law and the content of your post, not your comments) makes me want to ... well, at the very least it makes me gag with frustration.   :angry:
People like me are caught in a catch 22. You see, your suggestion to vote these unfortunate assholes out doesn't work for me because I don't vote. In fact the mere mention of voting also gags me. Apparently I'm not alone, which is why it doesn't seem to be working... most of the people disgusted with government and the political process don't vote.  And it seems so simple, think about it....if no one voted....?  And if everyone decided to quit paying taxes? And if everyone decided to not sell their soul for a tidy bank account?  And if everyone called a schmuck a schmuck... you get the idea, even if you don't speak yiddish. I bet the Senator Schmuck does.
I firmly believe that something drastic has to happen to galvanize we malcontents into action. Forget about waking up the sleeping sheeple, the events of the last few years has convinced me it ain't gonna happen. They can join in or get out of the way.  Funny thing happened on the way to the revolution.... people decided to reclaim their freedom.  
But then maybe you shouldn't take me seriously...I'm a mentally defective "paranoid delusional" gun nut that suffers from a belief in chemtrails and gubmint boogy men.
And.... all my heroes are outlaws.  -_-

LL
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 10:16:39 pm by ladylearning »

Loxosceles_Reclusa

"Our Lady Of Peace" Act
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 11:15:35 pm »

Um, I meant they're always *telling* us we can vote the rascals out if we don't like what they're doing. I no longer believe that either. I haven't quite stopped voting yet, though. I still do it, mostly just so I can truthfully say I did. But I don't have much faith in it anymore. As someone once said: "If voting really changed anything they'd ban that too." On the other hand, I guess some sort of case could be made that if all the freedom lovers stop voting, then all the other people -- the ones who want *more* government in their (and our) lives, win by default.

One of the things that really got me about this "Our Lady of Peace" Act is that, according to at least one source, the *NRA* is supporting it, and *bragging* about supporting it!. (Here supply your own most forceful exclamation of shock, dismay, and disgust.) :blink:

Lox

ladylearning

"Our Lady Of Peace" Act
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 12:05:43 am »

On the other hand, I guess some sort of case could be made that if all the freedom lovers stop voting, then all the other people -- the ones who want *more* government in their (and our) lives, win by default.

Revoltin' ain't it?  Like I said to Mac in his fiat money topic, it's a catch 22. "Thinking" non government supporting people are a minority.  If we don't start using our heads and becoming proactive we lose by default anyway. By proactive I don't mean voting. The voting process is corrupt.  So I refuse to "back up" by re-entering the voting populace.  Doing so gives credibility and support of the very mechanism I want destroyed.
No offense to you as a voter, perhaps, as many seem to think, the best way to dismantle the system is from within the system.
If I could seriously see the possibility, I'd rethink my position. I'm sure the supporters of The Free State Project are certainly hoping that voting will make a difference.

(Here supply your own most forceful exclamation of shock, dismay, and disgust.   :blink: )

Yours was pretty good but  :o  :(  :angry:

LL ( ;) )
Pages: [1]   Go Up