The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Closing the Borders of Hardyville  (Read 1505 times)

Mr. Bill

Closing the Borders of Hardyville
« on: June 02, 2005, 04:02:42 pm »

Claire, nice article. I'll be spending the next week following all the links.

I gotta point out one important link error.  In this sentence:

With their latest vote to turn our drivers licenses into a Homeland "Achtung!" Security-controlled national ID (The Real ID Act of 2005),...

...the link goes to H.R.418, which is NOT the version that was signed into law. Try this link instead:

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquerytr/z?d109:HR01268:

That points at H.R.1268, which is the big ugly spending bill that actually got passed and signed. The Real ID Act is "Division B" of this bill. There are important changes from H.R.418 (like, for example, it no longer says "no judicial review" for the law-waivers for border barrier construction -- now it's merely limited judicial review).

(P.S. - Thanks for linking to my article!)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:13:18 pm »

Thank you, Mr. Bill! Nice bit of cleanup. I've asked the BHM webmaster to do that ASAP.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 09:35:29 pm »

Thank you, Mr. Bill! Nice bit of cleanup. I've asked the BHM webmaster to do that ASAP.
Looks like it's fixed,  far as I can see...

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

UnstructuredAgain

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 09:55:19 pm »

Whole thing is on my blog if anyone is interested.  Then again, probably not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up