The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whiny Govenors blog entry  (Read 1402 times)

NuclearDruid

Whiny Govenors blog entry
« on: July 19, 2005, 08:41:23 am »

I read the article that Claire had linked to. In my opinion the Govs care for their citizens about as much as the Communist in the FSU cared about those standing in line for toilet paper and bread. Look at Huckabee's quote. It not the civili liberties issue he complaining about, it the pay for his DMV quislings. This whining is about getting Congress to give the states more of the stolen tax dollars, pure & simple.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 10:47:55 am »

The whole concept of unfunded mandates is one I just cannot warp my mind enough to understand. The only difference I see with the feds funding their mandates rather than the state is that more people get to take "their fair share" of the money on its way from my pocket to the final thief.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Occupant No-name

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:50:42 am »

You got that right Druid. What really peeves the governors and secretaries of state (esp. around election time) is that they'll get all the anger and animus for looking up people's ass with a flashlight at the fed's direction and behest.

What hypocrites they are too. State legislatures do the same things all the time to local units of government. They put requirements and rules for the local folks to apply and administer and take the heat for. Saying it's the money is just more lies too. They pass any extra costs for this additional "service" directly to the consumer. After all, it isn't like there is an alternative to the DMV if you want plates, tittles, or licenses eh?.

<_<  
Pages: [1]   Go Up