The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog not functioning  (Read 3281 times)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Blog not functioning
« on: February 16, 2004, 12:07:54 pm »

Just a quick note to say that the blog is having a hiccup today. You can view it. But due to a software problem at the hosting service (?), I haven't been able to make entries for the last several days. I've got a query in to the host now. Will be back as soon as they let me.

In the meantime, I just keep reminding myself: "Computers make our lives easier." Really. They do.

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Delos

Blog not functioning
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 02:31:19 pm »

It's the Dept. of Homeland Security executing counter-intelligence! :lol:
You'll just have to blog on the boards with us "little people!" B)  

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Blog not functioning
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 02:49:37 pm »

It's the Dept. of Homeland Security executing counter-intelligence! :lol:

And here all this time I thought it was Bill Gates (speaking of counter-intelligence). :D

You'll just have to blog on the boards with us "little people!" B)

<snort!> But the question is, will y'all put up with me? This is the most "un-little" crowd of "little people" I ever got mixed up in.

C

Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

Delos

Blog not functioning
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 02:56:27 pm »

Of course, you are correct to wonder.
How could we folks ever "put up with" the legendary Claire? . . . especially since this is your 666th post! :rolleyes:  

kbarrett

Blog not functioning
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 03:02:24 pm »

How could we folks ever "put up with" the legendary Claire? . . . especially since this is your 666th post! :rolleyes:
Cool.....

When I get to 666 posts, I'll abandon my login name and start a new and slightly different one.

The psychology of “Projection”:  If you want to run people’s lives for them, then you will probably assume that any armed person wants to do the same to you. Scratch a victim-disarmament supporter, and you will always discover a fear-ridden control-freak.

RN/MEDIC

Blog not functioning
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 03:31:58 pm »

I once heard it said,"A small mess can be made by one's self, but if you want to make a BIGGGGGGGG MESS, you need a computer."  One fellow I once worked for called computers "those NASTY LITTLE MACHINES THAT ARE TAKING US OVER."  I am very new to this forum so hope a little good natured humor is not out of place, even if the humor is not that good.

Respectfully, RN/MEDIC

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Blog not functioning
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 04:17:33 pm »

Ohmigod! ... Er ... maybe God isn't the right supernatural being to evoke under these circumstances ...  :rolleyes:

And hey, RN/Medic, a little humor beats some of the stuff that occasionally goes on around here. Welcome -- and thanks.

Claire

ladylearning

Blog not functioning
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 05:30:42 pm »

I am very new to this forum so hope a little good natured humor is not out of place, even if the humor is not that good.

Respectfully, RN/MEDIC
Good is relative. Bad is relative.  I've got both.   :lol:

Welcome!

LL

RN/MEDIC

Blog not functioning
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004, 08:09:47 pm »

Thanks for the welcome.  Hope I am doing this correctly.  I am a bit envious of you folks who are capable computer users.  As my signature indicates, I work on people for a living.  Give me a nice simple heart attack, bullet hole to patch up, diabetic coma, etc. any day over a computer to work.  I'll try not to crash this forum by accident.

Claire, I've have purchased and read all your books, as well as every article or anything else you have ever written that I can get my hands on. Words fail me to pay you the compliment that you deserve.  Only wish I had discovered your writing much sooner.

Respectfully, RN/MEDIC

--------------------------
When a nation's freedom fails, the best people rot in filthy jails,
and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

rick

• http://www.frankenrangers.org
Blog not functioning
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 08:29:54 am »

The three axioms of computer truth:

Computers make life easier

Computers save paper

Earth is a flat disc

;-)
rick

I bear no hate against a living thing I just love my freedom all above the King

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Blog not functioning
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 08:38:23 am »

Earth is a flat disc

;-)
Zounds! Rick with your help I think I've just discovered the secret to why the whole planet is so damned screwed up!

It really is a flat disc. And somebody inserted it in their Kozmic Komputer a billion or two years back -- and all the data on it got mangled.

That's it! That's got to be the answer! It makes SO much more sense than that old story about the snake and the apple and "the woman made me do it."

Pages: [1]   Go Up