The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A quick little messag for Claire  (Read 2505 times)

Liberty-MMMM!

A quick little messag for Claire
« on: February 16, 2004, 05:22:14 pm »

Greetings Claire,

Marvelous work and I hope it gets stronger and stronger.  My question is whether you sell books offline since I have a sort of security issue ordering anything online?  This question may have been asked before but I lead a hectic life at the moment and would appreciat a direction from you .Cash is our good friend I am sure and I like to share my friends as much as possible as long as the two can agree.:)

I spent an afternoon at few local bookstores in an industrialized Midwestern City, (Very windy here"):)  talking your books up.  They seemed very interested and thought to order some. However, this time,  I was only led to the loompanics section and  I've read every one of them.  Perhaps as new titles come out and I finally publish my book, I will buy from them, my books would revolve stricly around pillars of privacy..  In due time I'd like to help support your site as well,-within 6 months or so.  You do great good for people who are not only "dug-into" the lifestye, but to those who "stumble in"  with intentions to learn as much as possible about real issues that affect everyone's life on a daily basis.  If you have a secure place to offer your books, perhaps I will order straight from you.  Also if you need any help whatsoever with research related matters, I could be of assistance.  I've passionately championed this cause in my snow covered part of earth for about 10 years now. :)

All the Best to You and Youre,
Writer to Be Liberty-MMMM!

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 08:48:40 pm »

Don't worry...

If Claire doesn't have a way, or if you'd just like a level of obfuscation between there and there, just pop a note and I'm sure someone would be happy to remail stuff to you.  :)
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

Liberty-MMMM!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 02:03:05 am »

Thank you Scarmig for your response.
I'd like to add the books for my pemanent collection.  Something to have the kids read when thy realize they are really just confined to prisons, ie public school.  My dream is for them to realize early and become responsible and self sufficient with the know how to run their own business by college time, ohh with a little  "daddy guidance" thrown in as well.  Anyway should be great when her new book comes out.

There's just something I enjoy about walking into a bookstore and paying cash for a great book I will keep a lifetime.  The owners I talked with today had not heard of Claire, but they do now. I saw a little sparkle in their eye, (could it mean a big order soon?" :)Maybe little by little we can have places to go all over the country that will cater to our fancies.  Excellent work as always Claire and let me know if you need a foot soldier or two in the Midwest/ Eastern Seaboard.:)  Small Bookstores do it for me, not the ones where everything is barcoded and little mangnetic rectangles fall out of the books as you browse.  The good ole fashioned ways that are fast evaporating as the Cash is consolodated upwards by Borders and Barnes and Nobles.  The thing is the less security within a store the less likely it is I (an honest person) even thinks about stealing.

Anyway I hope Your books make it my way,
Til next time
Peace
Liberty-MMMM!

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 07:52:06 am »

Hey, Liberty-MMMM.

:)  Thanks for the bookstore subversion. My stuff almost never turns up in bookstores. But oddly, when it does, it tends to zoom off the shelves. Go figure.

Anyhow, I don't sell my own books. Maybe once in a while I will, at a conference or something. Or just before Christmas. But I get 'em the same way you would -- from the publishers.

Never fear -- you can still buy offline. Both Loompanics/Breakout and JPFO (which publishes The State vs the People) will take snail orders paid by M.O. Oh, and if you've read all the books, don't forget the movie, "Innocents Betrayed," which IMHO is better than them all. I don't receive royalties on the film, but if a person were to buy from this link, Debra and I get a commission.

I plan to write only one more book -- the one I'm working on now, which (if I can ever get the darned thing finished) will be out late this summer. After that, unless something major changes, I'm done with books. Political ones, anyhow, though I might someday write about dogs or some other "lite" topic.

Good luck with your own writing ...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 07:52:41 am by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

David

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 03:40:48 pm »

Hey, Liberty-MMMM.

:)  Thanks for the bookstore subversion. My stuff almost never turns up in bookstores. But oddly, when it does, it tends to zoom off the shelves. Go figure.

Anyhow, I don't sell my own books. Maybe once in a while I will, at a conference or something. Or just before Christmas. But I get 'em the same way you would -- from the publishers.

Never fear -- you can still buy offline. Both Loompanics/Breakout and JPFO (which publishes The State vs the People) will take snail orders paid by M.O. Oh, and if you've read all the books, don't forget the movie, "Innocents Betrayed," which IMHO is better than them all. I don't receive royalties on the film, but if a person were to buy from this link, Debra and I get a commission.

I plan to write only one more book -- the one I'm working on now, which (if I can ever get the darned thing finished) will be out late this summer. After that, unless something major changes, I'm done with books. Political ones, anyhow, though I might someday write about dogs or some other "lite" topic.

Good luck with your own writing ...

Guns shows are another place you can find Claire's books

[color=red[span style='color:blue]']I plan to write only one more book[/color] -- the one I'm working on now, which (if I can ever get the darned thing finished) will be out late this summer. After that, unless something major changes, I'm done with books. Political ones, anyhow, though I might someday write about dogs or some other "lite" topic[/span]

ON-NO!
 :o  :(

Liberty-MMMM!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 05:05:38 pm »

Fantastic, Thanks much

Peace

P.s.
Please keep on keepin on, you are an inspiration for all of us young and old  writers and freedom lovers!  But hey an nice porch to feel the breeze is nice too knowing you did something wonderful.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 05:19:20 pm by Liberty-MMMM! »
Pages: [1]   Go Up