The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: SurvivalBlog Readers-- Check In  (Read 135074 times)

starvin

Re: SurvivalBlog Readers-- Check In
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2005, 12:12:27 am »

Greetings from N.Texas.  Wichita Falls to be more precise.

Rawles

• SurvivalBlog
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2005, 10:43:03 am »

Thanks, everyone for checking in. Pardon us for not sending this to individual e-mail addresses, but we'd liek wish all of the readers of SurvivalBlog a Merry Christmas!  We hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and happy. This year a been a wonderful one filled with God’s abundant blessings.

I have been very satisfied with my job as a full-time technical writer with a local company. They keep me very busy--especially with proposal writing. Those turn into marathon sessions!  Luckily there is just minimal travel required. 
   My big news of course is that I started writing a daily web log “blog” journal on the Internet in August.  The blog is on survival and preparedness topics.  (Lots of “guns and groceries” articles, and some fascinating letters from readers.) In just the first five months we’ve had 4.98 million hits!  You can read it at:  http://www.SurvivalBlog.com.

During the past year, I have been organizing a “Virtual Reunion” of my classmates from my Military Intelligence Officer’s Basic Course at Fort Huachuca.  It is hard to believe that 20 years has transpired so quickly. See: http://www.rawles.to/miobc/index.html

The Memsahib writes:
Jim started a new job last January and we started attending a different church at that time.  Our church is blessed with a very gifted pastor as well as some wonderful Bible study leaders.  Our oldest son  particularly has been very active with his youth group. Last summer we went to a four day church camp out.  And there have been lots of church potlucks that have been good food and good fun.   
   Last January brought an extra ordinary amount of snow.  We had three foot drifts.  The boys enjoyed sledding and building an igloo and snow caves.  We are wondering what this year will bring.  The boys are hoping for lots of snow.
   We have had lots of visits from our family this year. With our company we’ve hiked to the lake, gone swimming and fishing, we also have taken our company hunting for fish fossils, to an antique car show,  to an Art exhibit, to a concert, and to a Gun Show.
   We did quite a bit of camping and hiking this year and while doing so collected lots of rocks from including opalite, fluorite, agate, petrified wood, apache tears, selenite, feldspar crystals, wonderstone, jasper, and sea life fossils. We looked at 6,000 year old petroglyphs, visited a the ruins of a Pony Express station, and sand dune mountain.  We even camped in a ghost town.
  Because we live near the lake we have lots wildlife here!!  In the Spring there were nesting birds everywhere!!!   
   But it is not just wild birds here, we raised some chicks in the late summer.  I got some Polish and Silkies.  The boys each picked out their own varieties too, so our flock is very colorful. 
   In the summer we went to San Diego.  We all went to the beach every other day.  The boys had a great time "boogie boarding" the waves and snorkeling at La Jolla Cove.  We also spent a day at Legoland.  We also went to Balboa Park twice and saw some fabulous traveling exhibits at the many art museums.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jim and The Memsahib

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:25:44 am by Rawles »
Jim Rawles
Editor, SurvivalBlog.com-- The Daily Web Log for Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times. Bookmark it. It may save your life!

http://www.SurvivalBlog.com

godscarp

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2005, 09:37:15 pm »

Jim and The Memsahib,  Merry Christmas and may God bless your family.  Thank you for sharing the 7 gifts with us( espcially Fear of the Lord and Liberals too ^_^).  Paul & Susan

islandphish

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2006, 04:21:34 pm »

present

prepareordie

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2006, 02:33:20 pm »

New Survivalblog reader and new to this forum.

noqtrasked

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2006, 04:20:41 pm »

Checking in late, but that's better than checking out. NW Mississippi area :brave:

BigNug45

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2006, 01:01:59 am »

BigNug45 checking in - saw the link to Claire Files over on SurvivalBlog and thought I would say hi.

I am in Western Washington and I am looking forward to being involved in this list.

scottyz

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2006, 09:48:40 am »

checking in as requested...

Spider

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2006, 06:14:32 pm »

:ph34r:  I just joined your Blog. This is just what I am looking for. We (my brother and I) are looking  to purchase some land in Nevada or Utah. Any help anyone could give us would be appreciated. Thank You.
Roy Patterson. spider@snngr.net

redclay

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2006, 09:10:16 pm »

Redclay from NC checking in - been a rawles reader for a few months, new to clairfiles - thanks for the oppty. to post -hope to contribute something of value

OLD TIRED RN

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2006, 11:22:19 pm »

Sorry I'm getting to this thread this late. I'd like to add my hearty welcome to that of others above to all those from Mr. Rawles's page, and a GREAT site indeed it is!  Hope you'll stay a while and enjoy your stay.

Respectfully With All Good Wishes,  RN
When freedom fails, the best men rot in filthy jails, and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

JerryO

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2006, 09:27:27 pm »

Sounding off late.  Excellent blog Mr. Rawles.  Keep fightin' the good fight!

JerryO from Montana

topedog

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2006, 05:18:44 pm »

Rusty

Panama City, FL

Preparing for the worse, Praying for the best!!

scaramouche

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2006, 05:35:15 am »

Howdy from deep in the heart of TEXAS!  I fear that fair not blows the wind for our society and with the help of Survival Blog, this blog and others, some will survive what the future holds.  Thanks for an informative/educational blog.

I Love TCF

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2006, 01:12:38 am »

Here Sir!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28   Go Up