The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: SurvivalBlog Readers-- Check In  (Read 133793 times)

Jeepster

Re: SurvivalBlog Readers-- Check In
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2007, 01:53:39 pm »

Hello all Clairefilers From Big city, Texas.

Sixtigers

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2007, 12:01:18 pm »

Was directed to the site by Tobus over at http://www.freesteader.com.  Nice place!  Think I'll read some posts, get a feel for y'all.  So far, looks good!

Ducttape

« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2007, 09:59:01 pm »

I've been lurking at SurvivalBlog since it's first week .

wyvernfist

« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2007, 10:41:20 am »

Count me in! PRK resident here.

HRDK9

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2007, 03:31:32 pm »

Hello from the Peoples Republic of California

heghduq

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2007, 08:44:14 pm »

Greetings and Salutations

I have been reading the survival Blog non-stop for a week and just wanted to say wow very helpful stuff. I am in the midwest and have been prepping for about a year now and boy am I way behind but have learned a great deal.

COINSHOOTER

« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2007, 09:30:27 am »

jUST FOUND THIS SITE YESTERDAY.

Blade

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:51 am »

Greeting from FL...
I have read SurvivalBlog now for about a year and have seen JWR refer to this site many times.  I, just today, decided to check it out.  It looks like I'm a fool for not getting here sooner.  Live in Central FL, Hurricane alley, but have vacation property in E. TN.  Have been prepping now for a couple of years, but still consider myself a student as I'm always reading/learning something new.  Looking forward to conversing with you all here at TCF.

turnipgirl

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2007, 07:02:59 am »

Greeting from FL...
I have read SurvivalBlog now for about a year and have seen JWR refer to this site many times. I, just today, decided to check it out. It looks like I'm a fool for not getting here sooner. Live in Central FL, Hurricane alley, but have vacation property in E. TN. Have been prepping now for a couple of years, but still consider myself a student as I'm always reading/learning something new. Looking forward to conversing with you all here at TCF.

My hubby and I are from Longwood, not there anymore of course- but nice to see someone from our old stomping grounds :mellow:
beware the path of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with mustard!

Blade

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2007, 07:05:34 am »

Greeting from FL...
I have read SurvivalBlog now for about a year and have seen JWR refer to this site many times. I, just today, decided to check it out. It looks like I'm a fool for not getting here sooner. Live in Central FL, Hurricane alley, but have vacation property in E. TN. Have been prepping now for a couple of years, but still consider myself a student as I'm always reading/learning something new. Looking forward to conversing with you all here at TCF.

My hubby and I are from Longwood, not there anymore of course- but nice to see someone from our old stomping grounds :mellow:
Longwood is our neighbor.  We live in Seminole County.

turnipgirl

« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2007, 07:07:18 am »

Greeting from FL...

Longwood is our neighbor.  We live in Seminole County.
you know the winn-dixie on 434, we worked there as teenagers, still have friends there who do....when we go home to visit hubby's family we usually stop in there to check on everyone and show off the lastest baby lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:09:52 am by turnipgirl »
beware the path of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with mustard!

basecampUSA

« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2007, 02:27:14 pm »

Greetings from a forest retreat where I have been "Gulching" since 1975.

Have been reading blog and forum for years.

Facility Design/Construction Engineer - Wind/Hydro/Biofuels and Enviromental projects

Writing elsewhere about survival preparedness for past 9 years. Active in "civilian defense" since age 15.
Proven clairvoyance with many consistent hits on internet.

Was a mountain rescue leader, also survival instructor for years (Outward Bound and Vision Quest)
Grew up in a gun shop, and later had my own... (father former chief gunsmith at Stoger Arms Corp)

Designed and built solar earth-sheltered off-grid homes, built own home (below) in 1975 that costs 10 cents a day to heat in winter.
Designed and built several "safe spaces" and bunkers, have 2 own fully equipped / stocked / secured UG bunkers -- Why 2 ? - RULE: "never carry all your eggs in one basket" thus homestead & wildnerness bunkers.

- Basey

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:41:04 pm by basecampUSA »

Shrike

• Ow, Oowww, they're defending themselves somehow!
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2007, 08:27:03 pm »

Welcome, BaseCampUSA,
Sounds like you're a true survivor. I had a friend some years back who went through the VisionQuest program. It changed his life.
I'm looking forward to picking your brain, my friend. I'd love to see some pics of your work and if you have any design plans for
any of the shelters you've built, I'd love to see them. At the moment, my wife and I are tied to the grid in a major metropolitan
area, but my plan, of course, is to eventually - read as soon as possible - leave the cities behind and get a place of peace and
seclusion. I am considering building my own place, but I'm still exploring the myriad methods from which I can choose. Any insight
into your methods, since you actually walk the walk, would be greatly appreciated not just by me, but from everyone here, I'm sure.

Once again, welcome and I look forward to sharing knowledge.

Peace,

Shrike
The only difference  between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-Mark Twain

username

« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2007, 11:34:07 pm »

Hello All.

Also from Florida, North East Florida to be exact.

I have long since had the survival mentality but have recently found the right place to learn and better plan. Anyone else in the North East portion of Florida?

Username ;)

windeye

« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2007, 01:54:10 pm »

Hi from the UK. 

I have been reading SurvivalBlog for some time and find it very useful.

Also, it is great to know that there are like minded people out there, especially when things look bleak.

windeye
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28   Go Up