The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Just Tell Us What You Want, Claire!"  (Read 4512 times)

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
"Just Tell Us What You Want, Claire!"
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:06:54 am »

Here's a link from this week's TLE, entitled "Just Tell Us What You Want, Clare!"

Being the mindless, lemming-like sychophant and cultist that I am, I naturally assumed that he was begging her to change her mind about ignoring her email inbox in future.  But it turns out he's a Porcupine offended by her FSP open letter of a few weeks ago.

I never had anything to do with the FSP and I expect Libertarians to tear chunks off one another since that seems the only activity they're consistently capable of.  Normally I leave all such people alone.  But I REALLY don't get all this sturm und drang over the FSP, and I've come to wish all these people, pro and con, would just go away.  To New Hampshire, if necessary. 

To live free is a very fine thing, and I wish all such efforts well.  I don't get the ethics of trying to do it through ballot-box stuffing, but that's just me.  Other than its proximity to the belly of the beast, New Hampshire seems a very fine place and I wish the Porcupines happiness there.  But they shouldn't begin their adventure by any attempt to force others to join them.

In short, fella: Enjoy New Hampshire, and leave the rest of us the hell alone.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Swami Rabbitima

• The Club Above
Re: "Just Tell Us What You Want, Claire!"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 12:01:12 pm »

Keeping in mind that I wish both FSPs well and that I hope both succeed:

I remember back a few days reading (I believe) somewhere in this forum (or maybe not; I do a lot of surfing) that someone had noticed that none of the "Name" pro-freedom personalities had moved to NH, and that this was a liability in that many who might have signed up for one or the other FSP were waiting for someone as noted as Ms. Wolfe to go "test the water', and if she found everything hunky-dory, the mass migration would begin.  That article may be trying to pick a fight in order to get a reaction.
Of course you know, this means war...

Ian

• aka Elf-Boy
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 05:07:25 pm »

Well, that article is a pretty good example of the whole "let them eat cake" sort of blindness...
And Tomlinson took up the tale and spoke of his good in life.
"O this I have read in a book," he said, "and that was told to me,
"And this I have thought that another man thought of a Prince in Muscovy."
The good souls flocked like homing doves and bade him clear the path,
And Peter twirled the jangling Keys in weariness and wrath.
"Ye have read, ye have heard, ye have thought," he said, "and the tale is yet to run:
"By the worth of the body that once ye had, give answer—what ha' ye done?"

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 12:04:01 am »

Is that kind of followership being truly free?  I would look it over for myself, period.  If Claire or Rawles or any of the other "thinker" types moved there it would just be a bonus, or at most a tie breaker.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Pagan

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 02:30:35 am »

Isn't "free state" an oxymoron?
Pages: [1]   Go Up