The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Current Status?  (Read 7610 times)

Flight-ER-Doc

Current Status?
« on: December 09, 2005, 01:43:51 pm »

Good day, all!  This is my first post here.

I've been reading the various web sites concerning the FSP, FWA, etc.  What is going on with them?  Most of the information seems to indicate not much of anthing...the FSW site is in terrible shape, BTP's blog is a couple of years out of date, and there doesn't seem to be much going on thats current.  I've signed up for the FSW group on yahoo and I'm waiting for approval from the group owner, but the information readily available is ... weak.

I'm interested in the FSW ideal, but, frankly, it seems as if somebody (everybody?) was really worked up for a short time, and then everything just came to a crashing halt - both with FSW and FSP.  If thats the case, it would be a shame...

BTW, I have read Some of BTP's works, including BGB and Molon Labe, and I was a 'Big-L' Libertarian until Sept 11, now I'm just libertarian.  So, hopefully, I'm not completely unfamiliar with the concepts here.

Thanks very much for your help,

debra

Re: Current Status?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 10:45:59 am »

Can't speak to the FSW, but I know the FSP is still hanging in there. They've had a few hundred people move to NH and are starting to make progress getting on school boards, councils, etc. And just recently a few of the members there had a public SSN card burning, which I thought was great. Their site is kept pretty well updated at www.freestateproject.org .

Boston occassionally comes to these boards, so hopefully he might show up and let us know the FSW progress.

thistle

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 05:44:18 pm »

Boston's news update on June 30 really disapointed me. Boston said that the three county limitation has passed. When I saw that he had opened up the whole state to membership, I assumed it was because no one was joining his tri-county plan. Although recently I read an article by Boston that suggested his plan always was to open up more of the state once the membership reached a certain level.

As was my plan, Crook county has become the FSW's epicenter, with most of our people there, some of whom are already beginning local businesses this year.

Has membership reached that level? Perhaps...though I agree with Doc, the lack of progress updates is frustrating. Some comment from Boston would be most welcome.

PS. Doc, my understanding was that to join the yahoo group you had to be an FSW member?
"It was so cold yesterday that I saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets"

Flight-ER-Doc

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 07:56:15 pm »

Boston's news update on June 30 really disapointed me. Boston said that the three county limitation has passed. When I saw that he had opened up the whole state to membership, I assumed it was because no one was joining his tri-county plan. Although recently I read an article by Boston that suggested his plan always was to open up more of the state once the membership reached a certain level.

As was my plan, Crook county has become the FSW's epicenter, with most of our people there, some of whom are already beginning local businesses this year.

Has membership reached that level? Perhaps...though I agree with Doc, the lack of progress updates is frustrating. Some comment from Boston would be most welcome.

PS. Doc, my understanding was that to join the yahoo group you had to be an FSW member?

I joined the group, and haven't formally become an FSW member, I  wanted to join the yahoo group to find out what the status was - I didn't want to commit to something without full knowledge.

TryingToBeUseful

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 04:31:37 pm »

I moved to Wyoming, inspired by Boston's plan.  There are several other households that have moved.  Things are going OK.  Next year should be fun as there are several people planning to make the move.

We'll see what happens.  It wouldn't take many people to take one county.  Which is what I dearly hope will happen.

jeremy_mole

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 04:49:57 am »

Sorry,I don't know what the status is of BTP's FSW. In Molon Labe, Boston puts forward the idea of approaching a Free State initiative as one would guerrilla warfare. If only the upper tier of the FSW's active planners know exactly how strong their organization is, that could be a very good thing. Opposition won't know that they aren't as weak as they appear and won't be as quick to squash FSW efforts. Think of it as operational security. I know it's frustrating, but don't give up and don't lose hope. Merry Christmas!

Danl

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 09:36:52 pm »

Try this discussion list.......  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSW-discuss/

A new more effective discussion method is in the works.  People are moving and getting involved.....

It is not for everybody.  So check it out and read past posts etc.  BTW I don't think this group is hard to join.  FSW2006 is not available to everyone.  You have to agree to move by a certain time to be active in the FSW2006 list.......

I think you will like the group that is in FSW-Discuss.  There are many people who have already moved......

Regards and welcome.   Danl

"No oppression was ever overthrown by a bunch of readers  and philosophers. Liberty is usually dirty and bloody work, and if we don't have the option of providing our masters with a real  fight, then they will perennially call our wussy  bluff." Quote from Boston T. Party's Boston's Reply to Critics of "Molon Labe"
http://www.freecolorado.com/2004/02/bostonreply.html

Boston T. Party

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »

Although there have been several dozen who've moved to Wyoming due
at least in part to the FSW, not all of them had formally joined the FSW
primarily because of its original tri-county/2010 stipulations.  I had always
planned for FSW membership to include the entire state, but begain it
with a 3-county focus in order to create a favorable inertia there. 

That accomplished, a potential FSWer now has all of Wyoming available.

Also, I've modified our Statement of Intent regarding its relocation time
frame:  "seven years from today" (i.e., date of signing).  Five years was
not quite enough for many, and ten years seemed far too futuristic.

Finally, the FSW Forum (very similar in style/layout to this one) will be
up by the end of January.  We've outgrown our yahoo list with 350
members and 5200+ posts, and it's time for our own forum.  I've even
created a board for "Eastern free state movements" (as promised to
the FSPers during my posts on their forum last year).

Regarding FSW activity, we don't wear it on our sleeves, and have no
membership "odometer."  It's a very quiet org serving folks who wish to
move to Wyoming without fanfare.  That's one of the reasons it seems
as though there's little going on with us.  Yes, our website can become
a bit stale, but our webmaster is busy relocating, as am I.  Meaning, the
actual has taken precedence over the virtual.

Aida is not Egypt...

I moved to Wyoming, inspired by Boston's plan. There are several other households that have moved. Things are going OK. Next year should be fun as there are several people planning to make the move.

We'll see what happens. It wouldn't take many people to take one county. Which is what I dearly hope will happen.
Thanks for that, Useful.
This year will see many more folks moving there, me included.

Try this discussion list.......  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSW-discuss/

A new more effective discussion method is in the works.  People are moving and getting involved.....

It is not for everybody.  So check it out and read past posts etc.  BTW I don't think this group is hard to join.  ...I think you will like the group that is in FSW-Discuss. There are many people who have already moved...
Agreed, and much obliged Danl.
Wait till you see our forum!

Boston
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:47:54 pm by Boston T. Party »

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 10:53:46 pm »

I'm jealous. I'd love to move back home to Wyoming, though maybe not to one of the northern counties. My wife is dead-set against it, though, and I'm not ready to leave her over it. My mom (in Cheyenne) isn't getting any younger. It won't be too long before she won't be able to travel east to visit anymore. Sure would be nice to be in driving distance.  :BangHead:
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Tom P.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »

Im trying to talk my wife into someplace in SW Wyo.

With family in Denver and Salt Lake, it makes sense from a travel perspective to be situated in the middle of the two.

I hadnt seen previously that FSW was "allowing" people to live in other counties. Thats good - the original 3 counties were, in my opinion, off putting.

SouthernPatriot

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 01:17:07 am »

In case anyone didn't know, the FSW is now up and running. It has been for a little while now. It's worth visiting and even joining if you're interested in the project. Find it at: http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php.

There are lots of people moving and getting involved now. It is beginning to gain some momentum. Hopefully this will continue.

SouthernPatriot

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 01:17:46 am »

In case anyone didn't know, the FSW Forum is now up and running. It has been for a little while now. It's worth visiting and even joining if you're interested in the project. Find it at: http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum//index.php.

There are lots of people moving and getting involved now. It is beginning to gain some momentum. Hopefully this will continue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up