The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/4 blog - Verbal Compliance  (Read 10382 times)

enemyofthestate

• Banned
9/4 blog - Verbal Compliance
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2003, 03:40:14 pm »

* - Iraqi Offhand is a well known, poorly regarded CQB technique that involves shooting blindly through walls, floors, etc. in the direction of a suspected threat.  As bad an idea as this sounds, it has worked before in the past.
I always thought that "Iraqi offhand" was another name for "High over the head position" used for shooitng over cars, walls, sandbags, etc without exposing yourself too much to return fire.
Mystical man values human life.  Rational man values the ability to value human life.
--Stephen Carville

Atheist   n.   A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others
-- Chaz Bufe, The American Heretics Dictionary

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2003, 03:42:31 pm »

If I own it, I charge it. Not much good otherwise. That includes one in the chamber for most actions, though there's a few I don't consider that safe for long term unattended storage.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 03:43:17 pm by Hunter »
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Carl

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2003, 04:47:56 pm »

I've always considered a weapon without a round in the chamber to be unloaded, regardless of the condition of the magazine.

That way lies accidental suicide, methinks. If you can think of no reason why your gun might not be loaded/charged 24/7, please don't clean your firearms around me.

Scaring off a goblin when racking a shotgun was brought up as a potential beneficial side effect, not a specific recommended tactic.

Chris

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2003, 06:34:30 am »

Well, there is Rule #1, of course.  I tend to shoot mine clean, anyhow.  ;)

Just pointing out that the slide-rack challenge, benefits aside, has some pretty serious drawbacks as well.  I'd avoid it.  

enemyofthestate - You may well be right

- Chris
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up