The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temptations to Tyranny  (Read 1485 times)

Lightning

• Heheheh...
Temptations to Tyranny
« on: June 01, 2006, 07:41:10 am »

Claire's latest Hardyville column gives insight into her recent announcement that writing about political freedom just isn't her thing anymore.

"So what do you do next?" he asked. "Quit? Then aren't you just as bad as them?"

"I don't know what anybody else does, Bob. But Abbie Hoffman was right and the few people who actually give a damn are wasting an awful lot of rocks. When we get back to Hardyville, I'm heading up to the Hilltop Hermitage. And I'm going to Contemplate. Even if it might be as tricky as discovering the Meaning of Life or the Nature of God, I'm going to figure out what makes a person's inner self so truly free that the most monstrous force on earth can't make a shuffling slave of him."

Good going, Claire.  Please let us know what you find up on the mountain.
I'm damn well free to dance through life even if 'they' expect me to cringe and crawl.

"Your life is an occasion.  Rise to it."  --Dustin Hoffman as Mr. Magorium, in Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

pilgrim

Re: Temptations to Tyranny
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:53:39 am »

I don't care if she doesn't write about political freedom, just as long as she keeps writing columns like this!

^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up